Help backing up PS2 Games, please. Thank you

vbimport

I am fairly intelligent when it comes to all this stuff I suppose but I must be doing something wrong here and maybe some of you could help me out or at least point me in the right direction…

I am trying to backup PS2 games. I am assuming that DVD-R not DVD+R discs are best for copying? I am using a Toshiba 8X Dual-Layer burner and ahve another regular DVD-Rom reader but have decided to just use the Toshiba burner to both read and burn to allow for greater functionality. I have multiple software choices like Alchohol 120%, Clone CD, and Clone DVD, and Nero6. I am assuming that possibly Alcohol 120% is the best package to use? Is this correct?

I basically need some overall help in trying to make a procedure for copying PS2 games using just a few pieces of software and the least possible steps to get there, but I’m willing to put in the time and reasearch it takes. I have not found a reliable source of information yet on the internet (until now). Any help at this point would be greatly appreciated. Thank You for your time.

-Dan
:bigsmile:

OH (I just remembered) I am using a PS2 system that doesn’t use a hardware mod chip, instead I’ve elected to go the non-soldering route by using the Action Reply disc to play backups. Does anyone have comments on this as well?
:bigsmile:

Have you tried Dvd Decryptor? If not you can download at http://doom9.org (freeware)
Using the -r for PS2 is better seeing some of the earlier versions of do not read +r

Make sure you are using quality media and when you use Decrytor go into mode/iso/read
and then look under file and click on decrypt and wait till done the go back into mode/iso/write
I slow my down as slow as i can and never have a ploblem with a back up playing

I cant help you with the Action Replay I have never done it that way

hope this helps

A soldered chip is really the only practical solution. When you factor in TOC sizes, multiple swaps, ect. the no-solder options are really a pain. The HDloader (and variants) is probably the best no-solder option but it isn’t 100% compatible with all games.

Thanks. I think that’s the reson why it doesn’t work because I’ve been trying to use +R instead of -R. I’ll try that instead.