Help - Anyone?

JBBUCK
i am at a loss. that why i sent you the pm with links… use them…
mike

[quote=jpbuck;1979780]I am still having the problem.

Any more suggestions??

Thanks![/quote]Did you download and install from the link in the forum or the one on the site where you bought the software? You may have the non-decrypting version (no CSS removal).

i did not see what movies they were?sometime i am just blind!
dvdfab is up to 4.0.5.1 now make sur you are there too…

I downloaded the link from the forum.

Some of the movies are: War, 3:10 to Yuma, Shattered, Rush Hour 3, Balls of Fury.

These are the most recent ones I have had trouble with.

The screen pops up and tries to open dvd source, but it never opens, it just goes over and over.

Thanks.

Do you open the program first & then insert the Dvd or vice versa?

I open the program first then insert the dvd.

open program - disable pathfinder in common setiings, then insert DVD
if that fails try the opposite i.e.open program - “always enable” pathfinder in common setiings, then insert DVD

one or the other should work for each DVD

[QUOTE=jpbuck;1979836]I downloaded the link from the forum.

Some of the movies are: War, 3:10 to Yuma, Shattered, Rush Hour 3, Balls of Fury.

These are the most recent ones I have had trouble with.

The screen pops up and tries to open dvd source, but it never opens, it just goes over and over.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
make sure you have dvdfab 4.0.5.1beta…
its in the forum… seem to be trouble with those movies for some people. did you read the link i pm,d you ?

I took one of the movies and tried with pathfinder each different way, and nothing. Still just scroll through like it is going to open, but never opens.

Yeah I read the link that you sent. I have tried everything that everyone has suggested and still nothing.

[QUOTE=jpbuck;1980524]I took one of the movies and tried with pathfinder each different way, and nothing. Still just scroll through like it is going to open, but never opens.

Yeah I read the link that you sent. I have tried everything that everyone has suggested and still nothing.[/QUOTE]

Hi jpbuck
Sorry you have had this problem for so long :sad: My friend and fellow member Troy asked you once to post a burn log which you did but I noticed that it did not say what system you was running :confused: all it gave was “Personal” :eek: this info can be usful in pin pointing the problem.

I also noticed in one of your other threads asking for help that you stated

This can happen when the restore point file has been deleted by you or a spyware program or any other program, and also if you are running Vista and that service is disabled.
You can also be kept from doing a restore uf you running Vista and are not the Administrator,
I also notice that your burner is a …HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-H30L S856
which tells me your computer is from HP so if it is new you may be running Vista Home which means even though you are the Administrator and Owner your access is limited and the Administrator account as not been defined yety(meaning) not enabled or disabled just LIMITED , and you can’t access the security policy to make any changes

But again not knowing what system you are really running it is hard to help

stormjumper
how are you? thats a good point about the system…

one question is how will he give a burn log if dvdfab wont even open a disc?
or do you just want an old log?

[QUOTE=borntworide;1980569]stormjumper
how are you? thats a good point about the system…

one question is how will he give a burn log if dvdfab wont even open a disc?
or do you just want an old log?[/QUOTE]

Hello borntworide

1. I am fine :smiley: little busy feeding the face :eek: man can’t live on Fab alone :bigsmile:
    I did nask for a burn log, just pointed out something in one he posted :cool:
    it does seem though from his issues with other DVD’s that the drive itself is having the problem reading or there is a service that is not enabled to the drive
    Now he can open Device Manager and check the drive for issues

anyway back to stuffin the face :bigsmile:

I am using Windows Vista Home.

What can I do so that I will have access so I can restore?

How will I know if it is the dvd drive and not the dvdfab program.
I can open older movies, just not most of the new ones?

Thanks.

I’ve been having the same problems on 4.0.5.0 with two discs not being opened (in either DVD drive) and another no problem. The solution that worked for me was to disable pathplayer.

Using Vista Ultimate with SATA drives.

Simon

Thanks, but have tried that and it doesn’t help.

Might be something with AutoRun. Like that Interactual soft that autoruns if enabled. Might try holding down shift while inserting the dvd.

Thanks, but this does not work for me either.

This is the latest log:

1/20/2008 5:08:56 PM info ******************** Report session closed *********************
1/20/2008 5:07:41 PM info Current Drive selected : 3:0:0 - HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-H30L S856 [E] (Ide)
1/20/2008 5:07:41 PM info Using Patin-Couffin driver Version 1.37, Internal revision 37 - Async. Access mode
1/20/2008 5:07:41 PM info User default language : 1033 (0x0409h) - English (United States)
1/20/2008 5:07:41 PM info System default language : 1033 (0x0409h) - English (United States)
1/20/2008 5:07:41 PM info DLL Version 2.1.3.324
1/20/2008 5:07:41 PM info DLL C:\Program Files\DVDFab Gold 4\vso_hwe.dll
1/20/2008 5:07:41 PM info Version 4, 0, 5, 0
1/20/2008 5:07:41 PM info ExeName : "C:\Program Files\DVDFab Gold 4\DVDFabGold.exe"
1/20/2008 5:07:41 PM info OS : Personal (Build 6000)
1/20/2008 5:07:41 PM info ******************** Report session started ********************

My operating system is Window Vista Home.

Thanks.

Have you tried reseting the config for DVDFab? Clicking the Defaut button in the settings window and restart DVDFab.
Maybe a corrupt entry in the reg. Removing this key will reset all the settings in DVDFab also. They will be created again next time DVDFab starts.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DVDFab\Gold

Thanks! Tried both holding shift key and resetting the config.

Neither helped.

This is is a long thread, but I do not see where you have tried the following: in Common Settings->Read, put I/O control in SPTI (or ASPI) instead of Auto; on the same screen, disable the read ahead cache. The titles you mentioned all take longer than most to be analyzed with PathPlayer; if you have software installed that attempts to manage or otherwise control the drive access layers it may be conflicting with DVDFab (SmartRead, etc.)