HELP AnyDVD

Hi All,
I’m using DVD shrink to copy DVDs and trialing AnyDVD (Slysoft.com) to see if I want to purchase it to remove copy protection etc. I used any dvd to do this to a dvd and it said there were no copy protections on it. However when I try to copy it with DVD shrink it gives me the following message.

DVD SHRINK ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR AND CANNOT CONTINUE
FAILED TO READ FILE: I:
DATA (ERROR CYCLIC REDUNDANCY CHECK)

Am I doing something wrong? AnyDVD advertises it will remove anything. I was considering buying AnyDVD and Clone DVD from Slysoft but not if this will happen all the time.
Thanks a lot,
Bruce

The dvd may be dirty or scratched. Try cleaning it gently with some isopropyl alcohol on a cloth (rub in to out, NOT round and round).

If you can see obvious scratches, you might try the old Pledge trick—which is to spray on some Pledge wax and then buff it gently (in to out!!), then try Shrink again.

Shrink is fairly sensitive to surface conditions. I often times use DVDDecrypter when I have a badly scratched dvd. Decrypter is a free program. Can be found here: www.mrbass.org

Thanks Kerry. It is pretty clean and scratch free but I’ll try it. Are you familiar with AnyDVD by Slysoft.com? I thought that was a DVD decrypter. Is DVDDecrypter easy to use for a “newbe”?

Both DVDDecrypter and DVD Shrink are very easy to use and are free. DVDDcrypter is ripper, encoder and writer and DVD Shrink is ripper, encoder and shrinker but is not writer you have to use Nero or other writting Program to write the ripped file to the disc.

DVD Fab is what i used and then went back with DVD Shrink to remove all the stuff i didnt want (audio, subpicture, ect.)

But the problem is DVD FAB is not free program atleast not with protection removal function.

Actually there is a freeware version of DVD Fab, but it just removes all the protection. Thats why once i put it on my hard drive i go back with dvd shrink to customize it.

AnyDVD by slysoft is supposed to remove any protection. I guess the error I got is not a copy protect issue, correct???

DVD SHRINK ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR AND CANNOT CONTINUE
FAILED TO READ FILE: "I:"
DATA (ERROR CYCLIC REDUNDANCY CHECK)

The error you got was copy protection related. Like it was stated early DVD Decrypter will rip your dvd.
However if you want to copy your dvd to your hardrive and just remove the protection, you can then use DVD Shrink to costomize your dvd from your hardrive.

The error you got may or may not have been copy protection related. Shrink gives that error message when the disk is dirty or scratched, and it will also do it on certain types of copy protection schemes that were instituted after Shrink stopped being updated. AnyDVD should have decrypted the movie by itself, which is why I thought you had a problem with the surface of the disk.

If the disk is in good shape and you are still getting this error while using AnyDVD, you’ve got a prettty good problem. What is the name of the dvd? There may be some information about decryption problems with this particular dvd that have been noticed before this.

You might also try the free program RipIt4Me. It provides a gui for DVDDecrypter, DVDShrink and FixVTS and if you use it in One Click mode it is dirt simple. It will automatically do the steps necessary to decrypt your dvd. It can be found here:
http://www.ripit4me.org/

thank you all I’ll continue to try with your suggestions. The title of the DVD is “Back to the Basics, Inshore fishing & boating”

Let us know the result and what solution will resolves your isse.

Thanks everyone but never could solve the problem and gave up. Does anyone have any experience with the new version of DVD SHRINK? I guess it isn’t free and I can’t find a free trial version.
thanks
Bruce

You’ll find the Free version of DVDShrink posted here
http://www.ripit4me.org/

or then here
http://www.dvdr-digest.com/software/dvdshrink.html

:slight_smile: