HELP: AnyDVD not decrypting with Nero Recode 2

Hi all

Can anyone please help me.

I have just installed AnyDVD V3.3.2.1 and also Nero Recode 2. Unfortunately when I try to copy the files on my DVD, Nero comes back that the DVD is encrypted, which it is (RCE), but AnyDVD has not performed the decryption.

Has anyone any ideas why AnyDVD has not done its job?

Many thanks

When you hover your cursor over the AnyDVD fox icon what is the text in the bubble ?

What is your DVD brand and model?

What is the DVD title?

Thank you for yur prompt reply. I’m sorry that I haven’t been able to get back to you any sooner as the drive in question is on a friend’s computer, whom I’m trying to help to set up.

Anyway, the answers to your questions:

Q) When you hover your cursor over the AnyDVD fox icon what is the text in the bubble ?
A) On: 1, Off: 0, Empty: 1
(Whatever these mean)

Q) What is your DVD brand and model?
A) LG GSA-4081B (A DVD burner -/+ R/RW and DVD-RAM)

Q) What is the DVD title?
A) Spiderman, Region 1, NTSC, 1.85:1 aspect ratio

Thank you

If you have 3 devices with one DVD inserted then it should read

[On: 1, Off: 0, Empty: 2]

If you have two devices (a Virtual Drive will be recognized as hardware), it will read as yours does:

[On: 1, Off: 0, Empty: 1]

On: 1 - meaning that 1 DVD is ready to be de-CSS’d by AnyDVD,
Off : 0 - no devices are disabled for AnyDVD
Empty: 1 - meaning your virtual or other drive is empty

On and Empty add up to the total number of drives you have, physical and virtual. Hopefully “On: 1” is the drive with the DVD.

I just fired up AnyDVD, Pearl Harbour and Recode with no trouble using v-3.5.1.1

Thanks for the reply.

I have 1 DVD burner and 1 DVD-ROM drive.

So as I have 1 device ready to be de-CSS’d by AnyDVD, then why isn’t AnyDVD working? Is it a compatibility issue with Nero Recode then?

I’m using

v-3.5.1.1 AnyDVD

v-2.0.0.7 NR2 but it’s currently at 2.0.0.8

This may or may not be relevant but I believe the current version of NR2 is 2.0.0.12 as of February 4th :cool:

Thanks for the input guys.

I’m using Nero Recode V2.0.0.12

I wonder if this is my problem then? If so, then it looks as AnyDVD won’t therefore work and I will have to give up on this programme :frowning:

Originally posted by kirkzeus
[B]Thanks for the input guys.

I wonder if this is my problem then? If so, then it looks as AnyDVD won’t therefore work and I will have to give up on this programme :frowning: [/B]

Why don’t you use AnyDVD 3.5.1.1., the one FutureProof was telling you about???

Thought I post my experience. I have the Spider-man movie, AnyDVD, and Nero Recode 2.0.0.12. It works fine for me. Have you tried both of your DVD drives? I’m using a Pioneer DVD drive.

Originally posted by kirkzeus
[B]Thanks for the input guys.

I wonder if this is my problem then? If so, then it looks as AnyDVD won’t therefore work and I will have to give up on this programme :frowning: [/B]

Just tried AnyDVD 3.5.1.1 and Recode 2.0.0.12: Works like a charm… (apart from the fact, that CloneDVD 2 is waaaaaay better :slight_smile: )

I’d like to try CloneDVD 2…where can I get it?

I’ve had this happen a few times. The fix for me was to reboot my computer. AnyDVD gets into some kind of funk and restarted fixes it.

I’ve been using the AnyDVD \ Recode combo for the last few weeks without any problems (other than the above hiccups).

Also a great way for getting rid of the Full Screen versions of the movie and keeping the widescreen and all other menu options intact.

Thanks to all you guys for taking the time to reply and help.

The problem has now been solved by installing the latest version of AnyDVD.

Thanks