Help and impressions on rating my DVDR DL media

First off, my general assessment of this media is: crap. But thats just me. I picked up these DVDR DL on discount. They are branded MATRIX, but seem to be RICOH. I have yet to produce a successful burn on either of my burners with the latest firmwares. I used my newest burner for this latest test. Here is what Nero Discspeed had to say. Any impressions? Or suggestions to get a better burn?

General Information
Drive: LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H
Firmware: LL0C
Disc: DVD+R DL (RICOHJPN D00)
Selected speed: Maximum

Recorder information
Drive: LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H
Firmware: LL0C
Write speed: 2 X

PI errors
Maximum: 1122
Average: 624.16
Total: 20,350,222

PI failures
Maximum: 147
Average: 10.65
Total: 2,777,856

PO failures: n/a
Jitter: n/a

Scanning Statistics
Elapsed time: 12:22
Number of samples: 178666
Average scanning interval: 1.47 ECC
Glitches removed: 20

RICOHJPN D00 tends to be a tough one. I have a DVR-112L that can burn them occasionally, but most of the time my burners just barf on them. You might want to try some Verbatim-branded DVD+R DL media–it’s the most widely/best supported +R DL media out there right now.

Write speed 2x? Have you tried 4x? I find 4x to be a solid speed for DL media.

You should post a pic also, instead of typing all that out. It’s very easy to save results in cdspeed and post them here. Just attach the file when you post, no need for hosting or anything.

Disc: DVD+R DL (RICOHJPN D00) is crap, IMO
RICOHJPN [B]D01[/B] is better.

[quote=cd pirate;2013307]Write speed 2x? Have you tried 4x? I find 4x to be a solid speed for DL media.

You should post a pic also, instead of typing all that out. It’s very easy to save results in cdspeed and post them here. Just attach the file when you post, no need for hosting or anything.[/quote]

Does not support 4x and my lightOn won’t overspeed it.

Perhaps you have better luck because 4x inks are higher quality to be faster.

As [B]chef[/B] and [B]tropic [/B]said: D00 is a problematic disc and many burners have difficulties to handle it. I think I remember that some NEC burners are more or less OK with it, but don’t take my word for it.

Besides, there are different grades of this media as with anything Ritek manufactures. I also think Ritek has the right to use this Ricoh model/mediacode for third-party orders, so I’m pretty sure that these Matrix-branded D00 discs are of the lowest grade.

Personally I think it’s a lost cause. Don’t try and cut corners with DL, not worth the trouble IMO, as [B]tropic [/B]said try and grab some Verbatim +R DL when it’s on sale.

anyone want to buy about 100 of them :stuck_out_tongue: No, I’m serious.

I would sure want some for testing, do you live in europe?

nope, USA