Hello world

let me enlighten u about Australia
Kangaroos do not answer the phones
Kolas r not kept as backyard pets
Dingos (wild dogs) do not eat babys
We have very slow broadband, unless u have heaps of money.
it is now the end of October and in a week we have the biggest horse race in the country called the Melbourne Cup
Technology is really starting to gain pace.
i have sacked computer capture cards and brought a DVD Recorder (no hard drive just discs)
have fun be good and dont forget to smile
this is my first post
ciao (Italian 4 c u later)
Paul

Not hello world the rest of us are on Mars.

and they will not return until next friday!

Mars is also a world, you know, and don’t you make fun of the little green men, just because you’re an Earthling! :bigsmile:

@Paul: Welcome to CDFreaks and to the quirky humour of our Living Room! :slight_smile:

dictionary world

1. planet Earth: the planet Earth

2. Earth and everything on it: the Earth, including all of its inhabitants and the things upon it

Well whaddayouknow, it’s Battle of the Dictionaries! :smiley:

From dictionary.reference.com:
world  /wɜrld/–noun
1.the earth or globe, considered as a planet.
2.(often initial capital letter) a particular division of the earth: the Western world.
3.the earth or a part of it, with its inhabitants, affairs, etc., during a particular period: the ancient world.
4.humankind; the human race; humanity: The world must eliminate war and poverty.
5.the public generally: The whole world knows it.
6.the class of persons devoted to the affairs, interests, or pursuits of this life: The world worships success.
7.a particular class of people, with common interests, aims, etc.: the fashionable world.
8.any sphere, realm, or domain, with all pertaining to it: a child’s world; the world of dreams; the insect world.
9.everything that exists; the universe; the macrocosm.
10.any complex whole conceived as resembling the universe: the world of the microcosm.
11.one of the three general groupings of physical nature: animal world; mineral world; vegetable world.
12.any period, state, or sphere of existence: this world; the world to come.
13.Often, worlds. a great deal: That vacation was worlds of fun.
14.any indefinitely great expanse.
15.any heavenly body: the starry worlds.

Please note #15 above, which is the one most favoured by little green men from Mars! :bigsmile:

And i know why! They are fearless mindless killers!!!