Hello + Strange Question

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum so I though it would be best to start off with a big “Hello” to everyone.

Now, to business - what I want to know is if there is anyway to take the iso images of 2 movies and burn them both onto 1 DL DVD? I think that I know the answer but I thought I would ask anyway.

Cheers everyone.

Scott

You can extract the movies from the two Discs (iso’s) and then master (create) a new disc with the two movies on it.

You cannot write two iso’s directly to one disc, unless you are storing the ISO’s as ISO data files only, and not a playable DVD Video disc.

[quote=debro;2015787]You can extract the movies from the two Discs (iso’s) and then master (create) a new disc with the two movies on it.

You cannot write two iso’s directly to one disc, unless you are storing the ISO’s as ISO data files only, and not a playable DVD Video disc.[/quote]

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, how would I go about remastering these 2 movies so that I can put them both onto I DL disk - would I lose any quality and I take It that I would sacrifice the menus and features of both files?

Thanks

Most commercial DVD’s are DL, so squeezing two DL movies onto a dvd with special features will result in a massive quality loss.

Squeezing a DL movie onto a SL disc with the Special features/menu’s usually means sacrificing the quality of the special features to maximise the available space for the movie.

My first guess would be that the quality loss (video) for the two movies with special features would practically make them unwatchable, unless you were technically blind.

Why not just compress both DVD’s onto SL media?

Two SL media is cheaper & provides a slightly larger capacity (and hence slightly increased quality) than a single DL media.