Hello peeps optiarc 7170a read problem

hi, new to the forums here! i dont even know if im suppose to put thread here or really how to get my problem into the correct forum! but whilst here would like to know why my optiarc 7170a v1.04 can read most discs but will not read data dvd+rs that have been burnt in mode 1.isobuster will read the disc and show all data etc.nero also detected data and also imgburn,but both say the disc is incomplete.tried to close session etc. on disc with imgburn but still no joy.Is it the drive or is there a chosen or best firmware to help this issue.some expert help would be great. this drive is great for all other purposes.

[QUOTE=trust3;2025756]hi, new to the forums here! i dont even know if im suppose to put thread here or really how to get my problem into the correct forum! but whilst here would like to know why my optiarc 7170a v1.04 can read most discs but will not read data dvd+rs that have been burnt in mode 1.isobuster will read the disc and show all data etc.nero also detected data and also imgburn,but both say the disc is incomplete.tried to close session etc. on disc with imgburn but still no joy.Is it the drive or is there a chosen or best firmware to help this issue.some expert help would be great. this drive is great for all other purposes.[/QUOTE]

I think it is a multisession problem Try burning a complete disk with multisession TURNED OFF & then see if your drive will read it. If so then we know that your drive does not like multisession disks.

BTW: I have two of these drives & I love them but have never tried multisession

yeeeeees so glad to get a reply ,first time on the forum and all that,thanx, i agree i have never used multisession either,the disk was made by a freind not myself.Is there a remedy so my drive can read multisession disks ,nero knows the data is there .autorun in xp just classes it as a blank disc.:doh:very annoying.this never used to happen,i thought a clean install would help but it hasnt.would it be the lens?!