Hello! I'm a new member

vbimport

Hello! My name is Linda and I am a new member here. I hope I could talk to someone about the different file sharing sites and forums. Do you discuss file sharing programs here? What file sharing programs can you recommend?

Hello LindaH, and welcome to the forums.

File sharing is a tricky subject here in the forums. It is not prohibited to speak about those types of programs, since P2P technology by itself is in no way illegal. But talking about sharing specific files that are copyright protected would be something we would shut down. You might want to review our guidelines for copyright protected media: http://club.myce.com/f34/guidelines-copyright-protected-material-316049/ The guidelines are short and cannot anticipate all situations, so if there is anything not covered in them that you want to ask about, feel free to send a personal message to one of the administrators or moderators here.

As far as sharing programs, I like uTorrent 2.2.1, an older version that was released before the new owners of uTorrent started putting in intrusive ads.

I’ve also heard that qBitTorrent is a good P2P program: http://www.qbittorrent.org/

Hello linda I’m also new here and I agree with Kerry regarding qbittorrent. I also use that software. Very recommended.

I’ve had no problem using the good ole traditional uTorrent.

a good source

[QUOTE=add411;2697744]I’ve had no problem using the good ole traditional uTorrent.[/QUOTE]

I just deleted that and changed to qbit. Don’t spare your time on utorrent. :slight_smile:

hi,

just a quick hello and thank you to all those that contribute to this forum. It is an excellent drive and media resource.

currently installed drive: Pioneer DVR-220L

Welcome again and I really hope you enjoy your stay with us. We are always here to help.:wink:

Welcome :slight_smile:

Hello and welcome :slight_smile:

utorrent 2.2 better

Welcome! :smiley:

Is not file sharing unless 100% legal data, a bit risky. Don’t get me wrong I have used it to download Linux distro’s before now but I just worry about slimy lawyers with IP numbers in hand and a shotgun mentality…

[QUOTE=chumbawumba;2706386]Is not file sharing unless 100% legal data, a bit risky. Don’t get me wrong I have used it to download Linux distro’s before now but I just worry about slimy lawyers with IP numbers in hand and a shotgun mentality…[/QUOTE]

If you are at all worried about this, use a VPN that is specifically designed to work with P2P traffic.

TorrentFreak has done a couple of articles on which VPN’s don’t keep logs of any kind.

Not that I’m condoning piracy here, but “legal” downloads differ by jurisdiction. This is an international site, so what might be legal in Morocco or The Netherlands, might not be in Australia or the US.

hi and welcome Linda :smiley:

[QUOTE=fwkuroro;2749239]hi and welcome Linda :D[/QUOTE] Welcome to you, Linda came here over a year ago. LOL. Have a great time at Myce.com:flower:

Hey Linda! I’m new as you.

[QUOTE=thex-men;2750080]Hey Linda! I’m new as you.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forums thex-men and good to see another Marvel fan here too. :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=LindaH;2696663]Hello! My name is Linda and I am a new member here. I hope I could talk to someone about the different file sharing sites and forums. Do you discuss file sharing programs here? What file sharing programs can you recommend?[/QUOTE]

File sharing itself isn’t illegal, but sharing copyrighted content is. As for what programs to use - on Windows I always liked Frostwire for getting Linux distros.