Hello and which way is up?

First I want to say hello. My name is Buddy King, I am a sometime webmaster/database person who has little experience with forum, posting and copying DVDs. Some years ago I purchased Roxio to copy DVDs. Apparently I purchased it just after it became illegal to copy DVDs and the program never was able to accomplish the reason for which it was initially purchased. As far as I can see the company only reall succeeds at promoting software that I don’t need, and software that doesn’t do what it was purchased to achieve. I have read the reviews that say some of its current software will do what I still need…copied DVDs, but damed if I will give them $50 or $60 dollars more…maybe for nothing. The only success I have ever had copying DVDs was from two free programs that allowed me to shrink the files and the other to copy them to a new DVD with proper codes. I lost all of that with the death of my laptop and am looking for information on how to proceed, hopefully with free software. I am happy to be part of this forum and look forward to becomming adept enough to answer a question or two instead of just asking! Happy New Year.

This is just my starter list, I am sure others will add.

DvdFab HD Decrypter or RipIt4Me

Dvd Decrypter

Dvd Shrink

MenuShrink

MultiShrink

FixVts

ImgBurn

[QUOTE=beef barley;1977263]This is just my starter list, I am sure others will add.

DvdFab HD Decrypter or RipIt4Me

Dvd Decrypter

Dvd Shrink

MenuShrink

MultiShrink

FixVts

ImgBurn[/QUOTE]

:iagree: I agree! :iagree:

Hi there is a free program that removes copywrite protection from dvd’s when burning, it is a small program so doesn’t take much space on your drive, it is called DVD43 not sure of the link so am not putting it here but if you google it, it will come up and you can go to their site and read about it and download it, I have been using it for along time now and really like it and have not had any problems with it, cheers, Kathie

just went and got the link for you for the dvd43, good luck and have fun,
http://www.dvd43.com/
cheers again, kathie

[QUOTE=kathiesawada;1978393][B]Hi there is a free program that removes copywrite protection from dvd’s when burning[/B], it is a small program so doesn’t take much space on your drive, it is called DVD43 not sure of the link so am not putting it here but if you google it, it will come up and you can go to their site and read about it and download it, I have been using it for along time now and really like it and have not had any problems with it, cheers, Kathie[/QUOTE]

Copy protections have to be removed BEFORE the burning.