Heat sinks,cooling fans etc r helpfull?/

i was just thinking that in pratical life using heat sinks or cooling fans(other then default processor fan) can be usefull for the system… in our part of region…its not common think to do even in hot conditions…most ppl use intel boards … so they dont care abt temp…
to avoid temperature i did one experiment … to have a cross ventilization i opened all possible side of my casing …my system was like naked :stuck_out_tongue: …then i observe the performance of my system …i did consult sites for testing online… i didnt find big difference in performance…,…so i decided to ask from u ppl abt ur experiences abt heat sinks and cooling stuff…

1. Removing the side(s) of your case does not necessarily make it cooler in there, sometimes the opposite.
  2. Intels are not always “cooler”, some of them are hotter than AMD.
  3. A cooler CPU is not going to perform any different unless it’s running hotter than spec or is overclocked.
  4. Cooling will benefit the other components of a system quite a bit, especially drives, in terms of longevity.

Hi :slight_smile:
I :iagree: with rdgrimes. In fact I’ve gone in the direction of consistant airflow stream. This has been done by “sealing” any vents other than 1 front intake & 2 rear exhaust. Sealing any gaps between case & case sides.etc. This worked in my case.An average drop in temps of 5%. As I have a full tower,(so plenty of air flow round all my components) temp wasn’t really a problem for me. I was just curious.
Opening up a case can result in an actual air pocket forming in the central area of the case. This quite often is where cpu & graphics card is situated. Causing a hot spot.

thanks alot for valueable information…,i like to know some thing…
1.)
in my region ,temp goes above 46 centigrade in summer …and low around 5 c in winter… so which type of cooling technique can i use…its should be cheap …(i need to change my power supply aslo ???) …
2.)
how to measure system temperature…,i am using intel software that comes with motherboard…i have updated it also…is it relieable ???

3.)
wt should be the max temp can a cpu bear ? i mean the temp where performance falls ??/

#3) Are you serious!!! Please explain this one, would ya… :disagree:

Standard laws of physics say otherwise.(but to the nth degree)

i am waiting for reply guyss :frowning:

2.)
how to measure system temperature…,i am using intel software that comes with motherboard…i have updated it also…is it relieable ???

That’s fine.

3.)
wt should be the max temp can a cpu bear ? i mean the temp where performance falls ??/

No such thing. When your CPU gets too hot, it doesn’t lose performance - it just crashes and locks up. For most CPU’s, the cutoff is between 70-80 degress centigrade. It’s CPU dependent. Your Intel monitoring program ought to have an alert when the temperature is too high.

yes i do get a alert :slight_smile:

If you’re getting the alert, then you’re overheating. Pretty basic, there.