Hearing problem

As I am getting up there in age, my hearing isn’t the best. I have a problem hearing certain movies. I am an American and sometimes because of some subtle deflection of an English dialect other than mine, i.e Austrailian, British, Wales, ETC. ETC. I miss the wording. Is there a way to make sure the sub-titles are included?

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2018818]As I am getting up there in age, my hearing isn’t the best. I have a problem hearing certain movies. I am an American and sometimes because of some subtle deflection of an English dialect other than mine, i.e Austrailian, British, Wales, ETC. ETC. I miss the wording. Is there a way to make sure the sub-titles are included?[/QUOTE]

I myself wear hearing aids but for your issue would help us help you if you was to let us know what program you use for doing your backups with

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2018835]I myself wear hearing aids but for your issue would help us help you if you was to let us know what program you use for doing your backups with[/QUOTE]
Thank you for the reply, I use Dvd Fab Platinum the most , but also use Dvd rebuilder, Ripit4me, Dvd95Lite.

Yo-

Suggest that using DVD Fab - you do your movies in the ‘Full Disc’ rather than the ‘Main Movie’ mode - that way you can copy the menus and the subtitles then when the disc goes in the player - you can set up your sound and subtitles-

If you use the very good media like Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim and burn both at 8x - you will get exceptional copies - even at the lower percentages-eh!!

I know what you mean in a way - my hearing is very acute, but I often find on most titles, the music is louder than the dialogue, so I like to include the subtitles on my backups.

What I usually do, is make sure any “English” under the “Subtitle” (or subpicture) section is checked for inclusion in Fab Platinum…all the other languages, I don’t bother with.

Agree with mike’s media and speed recommendation, too :wink:

I concur with all above…but maybe WE SHOULD’VE RESPONDED IN CAPS.:bigsmile:
sorry, just a little Friday humor…

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2019055]I concur with all above…but maybe WE SHOULD’VE RESPONDED IN CAPS.:bigsmile:
sorry, just a little Friday humor…[/QUOTE]
THANKS TO ALL, HELPFUL!!