Headphone

vbimport

Which is best headphone Sony or Phillips

Both Philips and Sony make various grades of headphones, with some of them being good to excellent quality and some not so good. As you go up in price range, you’ll get some better quality headphones, though its always hard to balance price and what you actually need in a set. If your music files and playback equipment aren’t top quality, what use is it to get a very expensive set of headphones?

Do you have specific models you want to discuss? For inexpensive models, the Philips Citiscape Uptown have some good reviews.

And the classic Sony models, the MDR-V6 and its very nearly identical twin the MDR-7506, have been regarded as standards for monitoring headphones for decades now. May not have the bass punch that many people want these days, since they are designed for a more neutral sound. But these headphones are darn near indestructible if durability is a concern.

My preference for a sub $100 headphone is the Creative Aurvana Live! This is reissue of the Denon 1001k, and has a warm, engaging sound.

IMO, Sennheiser makes some of the best headphones available. They also have a wide product/price range to meet about anyone’s needs.

[QUOTE=UTR;2691983]IMO, Sennheiser makes some of the best headphones available. They also have a wide product/price range to meet about anyone’s needs.[/QUOTE]

Sennheiser and AKG are at the top of my list.

My Sennheiser HD280 Pro’s revealed details I had missed before listening to certain songs on speaker or my Sony headphones. IMO they are one of the best sub $100 pair of cans you can get. Their only downsides is that they are pretty heavy, so it takes some getting used to.

I tried a pair of Grado’s that a friend of mine has and they were absolutely brilliant. However, they were $300 USD when purchased about 6 years ago. The Grado SR-80’s are supposed to be really good and usually cost just under $100.

Some of my DJ friends liked AKG’s. I haven’t tried them.

I had a pair of Sony Studio headphones. They were decent but nowhere near the HD280’s. And the Sony headphones crapped out after about 3 years.

It depends on what you want from your headphones.

I like my Kicker’s

:cool::cool:

[QUOTE=vroom;2691986]Sennheiser and AKG are at the top of my list.[/QUOTE]

Ditto here…I started years ago with a cheap Philips,but that 1 didn’t last long…:wink:
Then I bought a Sennheiser HD 230,and ever since it died between the chewing teeth of my Malinois,I’m listening to my music with a AKG 172 HD…