This is my first post on this forum and forgive me for not having succeeded in finding an answer while searching through the various archives and faqs on the www.
Reading the contents of Club CD Freaks made me register in hoping to get help with setting up my SCSI plexwriter 12/4/32 (PX-W124Tsi).
*AOPEN MX3WPRO-V; bios version 1.32.
*Intel 810 Chipset
*Intel Pentium Celeron 533 MHz
*2 IDE hardrives (both as master on primary and secondary IDE bus; udma enabled)
*Adaptec AHA-2920 SCSI controller on PCI Slot 3 (PCI bus 1, device 7, function 0) with 2 plextor SCSI drives:
- Ultraplex40max (firmware 1.14) and
- Plexwriter 12/4/32 (firmware 1.07).
- both SCSI drives have parity enabled.
- Plexwriter is last on the SCSI chain and has onboard (active) termination enabled.
*OS: Windows 2000 Professional (UK version)+SP4+additional MS updates
Note: I had to re-install the OS after crash and I think it all went well.
*Intel Application Accelerator v2.33 installed
*ForceASPI v1.17 used to use ASPI 4.60 (reported by Aspicheck)
Installed Recorder Software:
*EAC 0.95 pre-beta 5
*Nero Express 126.96.36.199
*Clone CD 188.8.131.52
Apparently all drivers are running fine, and both drives show up in system-explorer.
Problems I face (for sure and starters, because I have tried all possible recording combinations):
- Unable to burn data CD-R(W) with plextools. Once the lead-in has been written, the “writing track” message appears and after a few seconds the write leds (L H) turn off and the system hangs. Waiting for taskmanager-selector to revive after “Ctrl-ALt-Del” takes ages.
- After hardware reset, Isobuster gives is unable to read the contents of newly burned disk.
- In different tries i found out that both Plextools and Cloned CD can succesfully (quick)erase a erroneously burned CD-RW. Without hanging the system up.
I did try to enable/disable the key “EnableSynchronousTransfers” in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\FD16_700\Paramerters,
but that didn’t have any effect or I did something wrong.
Please help, I’m getting desperate on this matter. Any (uplifting) thoughts are welcome. Am I overlooking something?