Head of Yahoo Music suggests labels sell online without DRM

I just posted the article Head of Yahoo Music suggests labels sell online without DRM.

Even though Apple has succeeded in selling over a billion  songs as downloads, the head of Yahoo music, Dave Goldberg reckons that  music download services could do much better if only one...
Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/11549-Head-of-Yahoo-Music-suggests-labels-sell-online-without-DRM.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/11549-Head-of-Yahoo-Music-suggests-labels-sell-online-without-DRM.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

as from ROBOCOP “i’d buy that for a dollae” agree with article as i wont be forced in to buying drmed crap. only time will tell

It’s not that hard to remove the drm: .nrg, magiciso, EAC. Viola. DRM free mp3

Glad that the consumers aren’t the only one who are against DRM. Yahoo needs to lead (by example) the charge by [I]offering[/I] its music without DRM. When word gets around there’s a music service that has its priorities right, and Yahoo has plenty of name recognision and deep pockets to make it so, people will jump on their bandwagon. The article even admitted Yahoo’s music service was in need of the customers; a good time is now.

I agree that it would be great for Yahoo to lead the revolution in DRM-free online music, but they should start by making LAUNCHcast radio work in browsers other than IE. Opening up their services to other browsers (Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc.) would probably help them gain customers.

I totally agree with this article. Period. But to answer you themushroom, Yaho cannot open it’s music, because the music is not Yahoo’s. It is the music industries. They license it out to Yahoo to sell. As of right now, they will never even think about licensing out music for distribution using DRM-Free measures. You’re probably have a better chance at winning the lottery than getting these greedy music lables to change their ways