HDTV ownership jumped 73% in past year

MAY 26 | PHYSICAL: High-definition television ownership in the U.S. jumped 73% in the past year, reflecting falling prices and the upcoming switch to all-digital broadcasts. The leap also fueled growth in spending on Blu-ray Disc players and software, Nielsen reported last week.

Link: http://www.videobusiness.com/article/CA6660723.html

:cool::cool:

I am surprised that 2/3 of homes don’t have an HDTV. I don’t feel so alone after all watching my dinosaur Sony SDTV.

I noticed the latest LG 8x Blu-ray SATA writer drive now costs under US$200 per unit in Seoul, and LG 8x Blu-ray reader drive (which can write to DVD though) for about US$100. It’s a shame there’s no reasonably affordable full HD resolution touch-interface display on the market today. I had an LG HDTV a few years ago but it was CRT and weighed nearly as much as I did. The HDCP/HDMI-compatible LCD monitor I had until a few days ago (which I had bought for US$60, 19-inch 1440*900) was slim and light even including the built-in power adapter and speakers. It’d be easy to make a US$300 full HDTV with built-in SSD and Blu-ray writer and such products can help HDTV marketshare close to 100% first in China within a few years.

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2284323]It’d be easy to make a [B][I]US$300 full HDTV with built-in SSD and Blu-ray writer[/I][/B] and such products can help HDTV marketshare close to 100% first in China within a few years.[/QUOTE]

If this would happen there would be one in this house immediately.