HDMI conversion kit for Xbox 360 now available

vbimport

I just posted the article HDMI conversion kit for Xbox 360 now available.

Mad Catz announces the introduction of the HDMI Conversion Kit. The entertainment accessory provider’s newest kit allows owners of the 360 to connect directly to any HDMI input. After connected it’s…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14268-HDMI-conversion-kit-for-Xbox-360-now-available.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14268-HDMI-conversion-kit-for-Xbox-360-now-available.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Would be interested in a review of this item and what the cost would be here in the UK

The main advantage of HDMI is when you have a digital display (like an LCD flat panel, LCD projector or DLP projector), you avoid the digital to analog conversion. With this kit you’ve got digital to analog going right back from analog to digital.

I will be interested to see if this gives the same quality as a direct HDMI port on the newer Xbox360 models or if its the same quality as component. There’s no point spending $90 unless you see a true HDMI picture. The only other valid reason would be that you no longer had any spare component ports. However you could buy a component switch box for cheaper than this.

I will be interested to see if this gives the same quality as a direct HDMI port on the newer Xbox360 models or if its the same quality as component. There’s no point spending $90 unless you see a true HDMI picture. The only other valid reason would be that you no longer had any spare component ports. However you could buy a component switch box for cheaper than this.

I Have the new elite 360 and can tell you now,there is NO DIFFERENCE IN THE QUALITY BETWEEN THE hdmi PORT AND THE component CONNECTION.AND I HAVE A 46" SAMSUNG LCD WITH 1080P ON BOTH hdmi AND component CONNECTIONS AND THEY BOTH LOOK IDENTICAL.

GLENN, what about motion during games or HD movies, particularily vertical motion ? Have you not noticed that 1080i (component) can be “harsh” on vertical motion where 1080p (HDMI) should be more “smooth” ? I see alot of interlacing artifacts in 1080i on HD DVDs and playing games on my HD plasma. It can’t do 1080p. Maybe your Samsung is better at adapting for the component 1080i signal. My TV is a high end Marantz so I would hope that all 1080i inputs exhibit this behavior and that its my Xbox :slight_smile: If that were the case I would want to go 1080p on the TV and 360 someday…