HDD to DVD+R DL Recording

[qanda]This thread is about the Panasonic DMR-EX98VEG-S Silver. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi
I Have a panasonic DMR-EX98EG-S, My problem is that recordings made on the HDD do not transfer to DVD+R DL discs, I set a playlist in the advance copy options ( ie 3 hours of recordings to transfer to 3 hour 40 min DVD+R DL on SP)
Some recordings are then temporary recorded to the HDD then to DVD+R DL, I then get a message saying that high speed rec not possable will record in normal speed ( F R ) After the copy is conpleted i get another message saying unable to copy not enough HDD capacity for temporary recordings.
I checked the capacity of the HDD and there is 95 Hours to go. I have phoned panasonic uk for some advise but no luck.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Vinylmad

On my US EH-55 I must enable HS copying in the menu before the title is recorded to the HDD. If HS is not enabled I cannot HS copy to DVD. Could this be the case? Again on my EH-55 the only way to copy to DL discs is to HS copy from the HDD. No realtime DL recording allowed. Again yours may be different.

Sorry I have not replied recently but I have had Intenet problems, I did as you suggested and I also backed up the hard drive to reformat, and made some test recordings and did some transfers to + RDL discs it worked. But as soon as I deleted some of the recordings, it went back to Square one, Not enough HDD space.

Thanks in advance

Vinylmad

I recently had the dvd ram drive replaced under warrinty as advised by the local panasonic dealer, The problem has inproved, but what happens now is from a selection of recordings it no tells me after the recordings are first copied to the HDD ( this is becuse the recordings are in 16.9 and if you use dvd + r dl discs they can only be recorded in 4.3 ) then high speed copied to dvd +r dl. After I get a message saying, Recording canceld due to not enough dvd disc space. When I come out of copying mode and go back to copy the selection it works.
The teci thinks it could be a Fulty HDD or a software problem. Just watting for some advise from panasonic.

Vinylmad