HDD Problems

[qanda]This thread is about the Toshiba 40GB 5400RPM MK4026GAX Internal ATA-6 Notebook Hard Drive. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]So heres the situation,
I have a IBM Lenovo T43 laptop, I’ve had it for about 4 years now. I recently sent it into repair just as my warranty expired and had nearly everything replaced except for the Memory, the HDD and the Video Card, as they were causing no problems that either the company or myself could detect. However after about 2 months I’m having alot of troubles starting up my laptop. It freezes on the first image that pops up on the screen, that being the “IBM Think Pad” image. I have tried reformatting the drive, which works well for about a day then as I begin to add files onto the drive, the start up time decreases and eventually the image freeze begins again. The only problem i can think of that would cause this would be a dying HDD but to be sure any advice given would be greatly appreciated and welcome. Thank you all in advance.

Hi and Welcome!

you may please run Memtest (overnight if possible) and then the HDD diagnostics tool from the HDD manufacturer.
The “Ultimate Boot CD” has most of these utilies aboard :wink:

Michael