HDCP Master Key supposedly leaked to internet

HDCP Master Key supposedly leaked to internet.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2010/09/RQqKbH.jpg[/newsimage]Word has begun to spread the past couple of days that High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP), the DRM that prevents copying data over HDMI, DVI, and DisplayPort connections, may have been irrevocably broken.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/hdcp-master-key-supposedly-leaked-to-internet-34340/](http://www.myce.com/news/hdcp-master-key-supposedly-leaked-to-internet-34340/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

That’s awsome … finally we can get rid of this rediculous problem whereby TV’s are not working with certain gear, TV walls (40/69/80), TV’s not working with certain splitters, incompatibilities with players not being able to drive more than X devices due to limited KSV cache, goddamn HDCP handshaking issues and etc/etc :iagree:

Die DRM Die!

And may the industry learn their lesson.

Why doesn’t all DRM just f@#k off and die? And all companies making it too, blooming snake oil salesmen. Get a haircut and get a real job :iagree:

Was just a matter of time…

[QUOTE=debro;2544531]
Why doesn’t all DRM just f@#k off and die? And all companies making it too, blooming snake oil salesmen. Get a haircut and get a real job :iagree:[/QUOTE]

LMAO… thanks for making me smile today :smiley:

software copy protection never works. sooner or later it will be leaked or reverse engineered and cracked

[QUOTE=debro;2544531]That’s awsome … finally we can get rid of this rediculous problem whereby TV’s are not working with certain gear, TV walls (40/69/80), TV’s not working with certain splitters, incompatibilities with players not being able to drive more than X devices due to limited KSV cache, goddamn HDCP handshaking issues and etc/etc :iagree:
[/QUOTE]

If you think this will make any difference in the use and implementation of DRM or HDCP you are deluded. DRM only does, (and always has), inconvenience legitimate users or at best prevent the casual copier from making copies. That’s what it’s intended to do. CSS and BD protections were cracked before they hit the street and they are still with us, just as HDCP will be.

It all comes down to propaganda and marketing BS, and so it will end. :slight_smile:

Intel has now confirmed that Yes, the leaked key IS the master key.
No longer will owners of 3year old HD resolution non HDCP compatible monitors be forced to watch HD content in SD resolution, or with black background & foreground, well, actually just a blank black screen.

Now … for the AACS DRM on blurays :wink:

Die AACS, die!

But seriously … somehow I doubt the average consumers ability to record & store a 500GB/s (that’s 4Gb/s) - 2hr stream of raw video :iagree:
I understand HDMI 1.3+ can broadcast bitrates upto 10Gb/s :wink:

What this probably will mean is the launch of unofficial HDCP interconnection equipment (e.g. via eBay) such as a HDCP adapter that allows a HDCP compliant set-top box to work with a non-HDCP compliant TV, i.e. where the set-top box happily handshakes and communicates its encrypted HD stream to the adapter and then the adapter decrypts the stream and passes it on to the HDTV set that doesn’t support HDCP.

However, I’m sure this will not affect casual piracy. E.g. I doubt any manufacturer would offer a consumer PVR, Blu-ray recorder, etc.that would use this as a way to enable unofficial recording of HDCP protected HD video.