HD DVD vs. Blu-ray: Still No Clear Winner

Story here

Both sides can do what they want, I will only buy a reliable Combo-drive which can deal with both formats.

Or should I tend to VMD from China??!?!? :bigsmile:

What the article completely fails to address is the main difference between HD DVD and Blu-ray: Blu-ray is a pain to the point of just getting to watch a particular movie; HD DVD’s copy protection isn’t so bad and (with help) you can make an archival copy easily of your favorite movie.

[quote=Quema34;1962177]What the article completely fails to address is the main difference between HD DVD and Blu-ray: Blu-ray is a pain to the point of just getting to watch a particular movie; [/quote]Where did you get that impression? I have no problem watching all Blu-ray movies including the ones with latest protection BD+ (Fantastic Four Silver Surfer, Live Free or Die Hard, and Simpsons the Movie), all watched on my PC or blu-ray player + PS3. :wink:

HD DVD’s copy protection isn’t so bad and (with help) you can make an archival copy easily of your favorite movie.
This is true. But nevertheless, all Blu-ray movies with the exception the above 3 titles can also easily archived. :iagree:

Perhaps not all movies, but certainly even one with one player can be a pain to anyone who doesn’t realize why it won’t play. See here–especially considering what was said about how long it took to update just to see it.

According to Slysoft Blu-ray titles aren’t so easily archived because of the copy protection. It was in one of their changelogs. If Slysoft has trouble with it, I don’t see how it’s easy to make a backup copy of. By comparison, HD DVD is much easier to do that with (by Slysoft again as well, and the fact the HD-DVD was able to be ‘solved’ first to allow archiving.