HD DVD to Blu Ray possible?

vbimport

Sorry if this is a silly question. Can I backup my HD DVD collection to Blu-Ray so I can ditch my HD-DVD Player?

Thanks
Phil

Phil, it’s possible and some people already made backups of their HD DVD to Blu-ray format. But it’s a long process and given the price of the BD-R/RE or BD-R/RE DL, I would say it’s much cheaper to buy the Blu-ray movies instead. You can find many older Blu-ray movies starting at $1 on ebay. :wink:

Thanks
that’s what I needed to know.

Phil

[QUOTE=zevia;2117104]Phil, it’s possible and some people already made backups of their HD DVD to Blu-ray format. But it’s a long process and given the price of the BD-R/RE or BD-R/RE DL, I would say it’s much cheaper to buy the Blu-ray movies instead. You can find many older Blu-ray movies starting at $1 on ebay. ;)[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. I just need to find:

Anchorman
Apollo 13
Army of Darkness
Being John Malkovich
The Big Lebowski
Billy Madison
The Bourne Identity
The Bourne Supremacy
The Bourne Ultimatum
Caddyshack
Clerks 2
Darkman
Dazed and Confused
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
The Fast and the Furious
Fast Times At Ridgemont High
Fletch
The Frighteners
Happy Gilmore
Hot Fuzz
Inside Man
King Kong (2006)
Liar Liar
Lost in Translation
Mallrats
National Lampoon’s Animal House
Old School
Red Dragon
Scary Movie 4
Seed of Chucky
Shaun of the Dead
Shrek the Third
Smokey and the Bandit
Spartacus
The Thing (1982)
and Tremors

cheaply on Blu-ray and I’ll be able to get rid of my player, too :bigsmile: :stuck_out_tongue:

Those are the ones not available on Blu-ray, yet?

[QUOTE=zevia;2117399]Those are the ones not available on Blu-ray, yet?[/QUOTE]

Those are the ones that I own that aren’t on Blu-ray yet. I was just making the point that “find an equivalent Blu-ray” copy for cheap is kind of side-stepping the OP’s question about converting from HD-DVD to Blu-ray, when you consider that many, if not most, HD-DVD titles aren’t yet available on Blu-ray.

[quote=Some Random Guy;2117544]I was just making the point that “find an equivalent Blu-ray” copy for cheap is kind of side-stepping the OP’s question about converting from HD-DVD to Blu-ray, when you consider that many, if not most, HD-DVD titles aren’t yet available on Blu-ray.[/quote]You’re being picky. :stuck_out_tongue:

Let’s see, I answer his main question (HD DVD to Blu-ray = yes), I explained the cons (time consuming process), and I gave him an option (find the blu-ray version). The OP didn’t say if he owns hundreds HD DVD or just a few. So if he can’t find the blu-ray version and can’t wait until they are out, then go to the first answer (convert his HD DVD to BD). :smiley: