HD DVD Ocean's Thirteen Problem

Long time user, first time caller. Am having a problem backing up the U.S. HD DVD release of “Oceans Thirteen” (dual format). The normal opening source dialog is displayed when the disc is inserted but then closes without a word and leaving nothing showing in the source field. Tried updating to version 4 but with the same results (though with a much better look :slight_smile: ). Tried opening it with PowerDVD and it said it needed an update to play the disc so I’m guessing something new is up. Am using an X-Box drive with media center. Any ideas?

It could be that your burner keys are revoked for trying to copy it, look for a post from me on this subject :(:frowning: read this http://club.cdfreaks.com/1900189-post22.html

Thanks for the info but I’m a little fuzzy on how that effects DVDFab. It still works fine for other titles I have, just not the new Oceans Thirteen. Is Oceans Thirteen using a new key that has not yet been integrated into the software? Power DVD worked fine after I updated it but DVDFab does not.

:confused:

I am having problems with Ocean’s Thirteen as well (using v4.0.1.2). I get a DVDFabPlatinum Error saying An invalid arguement was encountered. Any ideas on how to correct this? :confused:

Hey Jim I 2nd the :confused:

I think it’s not about revoking keys but DVDFab HD does not support this HD DVD title yet.

[quote=MellyAnn;1933290]I am having problems with Ocean’s Thirteen as well (using v4.0.1.2). I get a DVDFabPlatinum Error saying An invalid arguement was encountered. Any ideas on how to correct this? :confused:[/quote]Platinum 4.0.1.2 made a backup for me with no problems. Post some additional information on the error, i.e. any codes or numbers. When does the error happen?

Hi Signals, are you guys talking about the HD Version of Oceans Thirteen or is the thread drifting? You made a [B]HDCopy[/B] of Oceans Thirteen with no problems, am I reading this correctly? :confused:

Yes it might be worth clarifying that the DVD side of Oceans Thirteen rips just fine - it is the HD DVD side that seems to have the new key issue.

i tried this one and got a message that dvdfab platinum and got the following message:
this disc contains CSS protection. this version of dvdfab platinum cannot copy it.

i just bought this versoin after running the trial with no problems. am i have a moment or is something wrong wiht my set up.
thanks
gizmo

[QUOTE=gizmotoz;1935464]i tried this one and got a message that dvdfab platinum and got the following message:
this disc contains CSS protection. this version of dvdfab platinum cannot copy it.

i just bought this versoin after running the trial with no problems. am i have a moment or is something wrong wiht my set up.
thanks
gizmo[/QUOTE]

it sounds like you have downloaded and installed the [B]NON[/B] CSS version try going to dvdfab.com and click on the download tab and re-download the CSS version

[quote=alan1476;1933401]Hi Signals, are you guys talking about the HD Version of Oceans Thirteen or is the thread drifting? You made a [B]HDCopy[/B] of Oceans Thirteen with no problems, am I reading this correctly? :confused:[/quote]Hi Alan. Thread drift, sorry. I was responding to MellyAnn.