HD-DVD films appearing on Bittorrent trackers

vbimport

I just posted the article HD-DVD films appearing on Bittorrent trackers.

According to this article at PC PRO, unprotected HD films have started to appear on some of the Bittorrent trackers.
Although there have been HD films on these trackers for some time, they have been…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/12879-HD-DVD-films-appearing-on-Bittorrent-trackers.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/12879-HD-DVD-films-appearing-on-Bittorrent-trackers.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

New Line has already switched from being HDDVD exclusive to supporting both BluRay and HDDVD. Universal has mysteriously stopped announcing new HDDVD releases for 2007, and all the other major studios are either neuteral in the war or BluyRay exclusive. If this pushes Universal over the edge, or any of the neuteral studios into becoming BluRay exclusive, then I’d say this format war is over.

If they drop HD DVD then they are going to anger alot of people that spent thousands of USD to buy the equipment necessary to fully enjoy these nextgen formats.

This affects both formats…i dont know why you people keep making it seem like it is HD DVD exclusive…

Well, people that spend a lot of money on betamax was maybe also NOT-so-happy. HD DVD IS the new Betamax :slight_smile: Besides, Superman HD DVD is spotted on news. Not that i care.

Well, people that spend a lot of money on betamax was maybe also NOT-so-happy. HD DVD IS the new Betamax :slight_smile: Besides, Superman HD DVD is spotted on news. Not that i care.

No sign of Serenity for me. But : Pitch.Black.HD-DVD.1080p.VC-1.DDPlus.5.1.EVO 21.37 GB Batman.Begins.HD-DVD.1080p.VC-1.DDPlus.5.1.EVO 24.76 GB The.Chronicles.Of.Riddick.HD-DVD.1080p.VC-1.DDPlus.5.1 24.94 GB Not that i care of a dying format :slight_smile:

No need to worry, as soon as the Blu-Ray drive is available at a reasonable price for a PC, It’ll be the same for Blu-Ray. What I’d be more worried about is that Universal are holding off there releases waiting for the group in control of ACCS to insure that the current version of WinDVD with the security hole will not play back there new releases.

Yeah, I’m also angered because I purchased a very expensive Betamax player and the format is long dead. Where do I complain? :wink: Anyway, let’s see how all this develops. But it’s proving to be quite entertaining. But don’t worry folks, DVD is still here. :g

Don’t forget us who had Laserdisc players :stuck_out_tongue: We paid like $45 a disc. When i sold it last year, i almost gave the discs away for no money. :slight_smile: And then people complain over a $300-400 Blu-Ray Writer :D. (Price they got on ebay)

Oh just give me a nice HDTV/Blew Ray/HD-DVD rip to H264 with AC3 audio that can fill up a single-layer DVD anyday. :slight_smile:

who the hell is going to download 24 GB on Bittorrent not only would it take forever it its on a tracker that expects you to keep a c ratio downloading one of these would probably get you banned

The fanny part is that both formats use same encryption that has been cracked. The only reason people went to decode HD-DVDs first is because xBox360 drives when connected to PC are way cheaper then BD readers for PC.

Have a funny feeling the studios need to keep supporting it this time. There’s just too much noise about HD-DVD and not a peep about BD now that the format is open. If the studios keep supporting HD-DVD and software players, HD-DVD is a done deal and it’s time to look for a new job.

If the format gets dropped by most studios, I’ll just sit back and laugh at all the people who invested in it. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, “These formats will both fail. Long live DVD!”

I doubt many ppl will bother downloading such a ridiculously huge file. Waste of time

Heh. Like 3hours Download with a standard small 20mbit line :D. Not that i care. HD DVD is a dead format.

Heh. Like 3hours Download with a standard small 20mbit line :D. Not that i care. HD DVD is a dead format.

Well, it might take 3 hours on a 20Mb line (I’m about to get a 30Mb myself :g). But the problem is that it’s P2P so you need people uploading to you at very high speeds. And will you have that many people doing it? Otherwise, you might have a lot of available bandwidth but no one to fill it up. I think it might get more interesting if some people get hold of this, compresses it with some nice codecs and releases a more manageable sized file. But still with very high quality.