HD DVD DL:where?

vbimport

AKA hd dvd resurrection part 2(http://club.myce.com/f107/hd-dvd-burner-2012-a-326644/)
Where can i find 30gb dual layer Verbatim(or Mitsubishi)HD DVD-R?
Like this
P.S.:Other tha e-bay of course!

Froogle (Google Product Search) is your friend.
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=HD-DVD-R-DL&hl=en&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1103&bih=870&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=2793047864394496927&sa=X&ei=ZUpyT-nGDsaeOoaQ0MYO&ved=0CFIQ8wIwAA#ps-sellers

Thanks so much!

Around 10 bucks for each here (5 pack for about 50 bucks).

chef, do you have any HD DVD-R DL capable burner?
Are the burned DL media readable on other HD DVD drives or standalone players?

Yeah, this one: http://storage.toshiba.eu/export/sites/toshiba-sdd/media/products/datasheets/sd-l912a_datasheet.pdf

But I have not tried with HD DVD-R DL yet.
I expect all HD DVD capable drives should recognize/read them anyway.

What about this http://storage.toshiba.eu/export/sites/toshiba-sdd/media/products/datasheets/sd-l902a_datasheet.pdf guys? Why is it so much cheaper than the sd-l912a?I read some time ago that a some website tested it and the resulting media was not working with xbox360’s hd dvd drive.
Any thoughts?

Did you even compare both pdf’s???

The 912 can burn HD DVD-R at 2x, also it can burn -RW!!!

The 902 cannot!

Can this justify the price difference(40bucks vs 130bucks)?I read the pdf but i dont know what’s the benefit of having a hd dvd-rw capable burner if there is no such media(in e-shops at least) and the write speed too,there are no 2x hd-dvd-r(SL or DL).
Do you think that the cheaper drive (SD-l902a)is some sort of crap unreliable thing?

The drive may be able to overspeed 1x media to 2x.

Overpseed?we are talking about ultra rare,ultra expensive and premature hd dvd media and someone should overspeed?I would never risk to have a coaster or unacceptable pif levels.

P.S.:verbatim released 2x hd dvd-r(sl i think)but they are rare impossible to find(http://www.dooyoo.it/supporti-rimovibili/verbatim-hd-dvd-r-15-gb-2x/)

[QUOTE=JimmyRabbit;2628284]Can this justify the price difference(40bucks vs 130bucks)?I read the pdf but i dont know what’s the benefit of having a hd dvd-rw capable burner if there is no such media(in e-shops at least) and the write speed too,there are no 2x hd-dvd-r(SL or DL).
Do you think that the cheaper drive (SD-l902a)is some sort of crap unreliable thing?[/QUOTE]

Are you playing dumb here?

[B]Read all posts in this thread again.[/B]

1. HD-DVD format is obsolete not since yesterday.
  2. Same counts for the hardware.
  3. Dito for media then.
  4. Realize it and make a useful conclusion.
  5. Solved.

[QUOTE=chef;2628415]Are you playing dumb here?

[B]Read all posts in this thread again.[/B]

1. HD-DVD format is obsolete not since yesterday.
  2. Same counts for the hardware.
  3. Dito for media then.
  4. Realize it and make a useful conclusion.
  5. Solved.[/QUOTE]
    Not playing dumb(absolutely)
    Sorry if i gave this impression.

[B]chef’s[/B] well not obsolete, but not in production. The question is if it will come back to life or not. I would say probably not. But CBHD is still alive, and doing well in china so, I guess some form of that technology will be in use.

The problem for both HDDVD and BluRay is that the market is falling, lots of people are instead getting “on-demand-stuff”, renting online with IPTV and so on. So we might not get a new format in a while, or if ever. It all depends on R&D and what happens to 2k and 4k TVs, Cinema and so on.

Ok that was a bit OT.

I have seen some HDDVD media is still around, but I don’t know if production of it has ended. There might be a small amount in still in production. To bad china didn’t just adopt standard HDDVD format as it was.

HD DVD-R media are not longer produced (all HD DVD-R manufacturers ceased their production in spring of 2008), all available HD DVD-Rs are from old stocks.

[B]pepst[/B] ah good to know. Thanks for info.

Wonder if CBHD discs would be compatible with HD DVD burners. Or can you even get those discs, maby it’s just for buying movies etc and you can’t get discs to burn, in order to prevent piracy ? or at least copy piracy. Maby there even ain’t a drive for PCs that can read CBHD.

Anyway that was OT but still interesting to know.

[QUOTE=JimmyRabbit;2628425]Not playing dumb(absolutely)
Sorry if i gave this impression.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I may was too harsh on you. :flower:

But all the key facts were written here in this thread. :wink:

The only HD-DVD-R-DL media (I got and) have seen is that from Verbatim, rated 1x but the 912 can burn them at 2x as advertised by Toshiba.
HD-DVD-RW media is even harder to obtain.

Sorry for the revival of this thread, but I just wanted to say that I frame all types of HD DVD in the world.

HD DVD-R 1x and 2x
1x HD DVD-R and confirm that the SD-L912A 1X only records to the double layer.
HD DVD-RW 1x bought in Japan, are quite unstable.

Greeting

[QUOTE=segaklon;2663913]Sorry for the revival of this thread, but I just wanted to say that I frame all types of HD DVD in the world.

HD DVD-R 1x and 2x
1x HD DVD-R and confirm that the SD-L912A 1X only records to the double layer.
HD DVD-RW 1x bought in Japan, are quite unstable.

Greeting[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.
Just for the curiosity’s sake, could you post some pictures of those media and their MID codes?

I wouldnt rely on the RW hd-dvd media too.

HD-DVD-R and HD-DVD-R DL is okay …