HD Decryptor?

vbimport

I have been trying to figure out how to get 5.0.2.0 to decrypt HD movies and I have had no success.

I have put both HD DVD and Blu-ray discs in my drive and they do not appear in source. I have the LG GGW-H20L drive.

How do you do it?

[quote=flipcody;2059896]I have been trying to figure out how to get 5.0.2.0 to decrypt HD movies and I have had no success.

I have put both HD DVD and Blu-ray discs in my drive and they do not appear in source. I have the LG GGW-H20L drive.

How do you do it?[/quote] Its still a work in progress, this is a free proggy and it does work on some titles, but now that HD-DVD is a dead format, I doubt anyone will be taking the time to code it. I could be wrong, just is just my opinion.

Hmmm…I tried over a dozen HD discs and it did not work. Can you give me example of a film that works?

Not really, I took my HD-DVD player back to Costco when the format died, I know I had some success but I beta test so many titles I really do not keep track of them, as I said this a free proggy and I am sure Fengtao Software is working it, but as its not a viable format, in my opinion, I wouldn’t be looking for fix anytime soon. Again I want to reiterate this is just my opinion, I could be very wrong. Maybe someone else could remember what titles were successful. Its Blu-Ray that I hope they are consentrating on now, that is the future, HD-DVD is the past.

I believe you need to look for something with AACS encryption, or no encryption at all. Probably a demo disc of some sort these days. As for anticipation of future support of more mainstream titles, the death of HD-DVD may be a push. On one hand, as mentioned, when Toshiba pulled out the format died so there won’t be many new releases on HD-DVD which limit the desirability of the feature. On the other hand the death of the format also means that encryption schemes will also no longer be enhanced so it only takes one guy to release the right free license code and it’ll be easy to port into a new release. BluRay, on the other hand, isn’t even a completed standard yet and their goal is to change the encryption schemes fast enough that new movies won’t be able to be copied even if the older ones are cracked. Whether they can succeed in the long term with this will be an interesting story…

Just to clarify…I’m trying Blu-ray discs as well as HD DVD. Anyone here decrypt a blu-ray disc? Which one?

On DVDfab web site it says:“It also comes with full HD-DVD and Blu-Ray support (Removes AACS).”

I’m a huge fan of DVDfab I’m just wondering if it can in fact decrypt HD discs and how would one know which discs will work…

[quote=flipcody;2059927]Just to clarify…I’m trying Blu-ray discs as well as HD DVD. Anyone here decrypt a blu-ray disc? Which one?

On DVDfab web site it says:“It also comes with full HD-DVD and Blu-Ray support (Removes AACS).”

I’m a huge fan of DVDfab I’m just wondering if it can in fact decrypt HD discs and how would one know which discs will work…[/quote]
I have not yet found a BluRay disc that will work with this free program, but like I said these formats are new and the encryption is changing (BD+ etc) , I think as the program is a free one, I will give the author a thankyou for offering this program, even though it has problems with the new hd formats it works perfectly with regular DVDs and that helps alot of people who cannot afford the Platnium Version. I do not know of any [B]free program[/B] that has accomplished decrypting Bluray or HD-DVD.

Here’s a review that managed a BluRay disc of some sort. I’m just wondering what you really want to know? If you author a BD or HD-DVD yourself without encryption that would be a good test, but if it works you still have the issue of it not supporting mainstream movies of today. If it doesn’t work, you still can’t use it for what you want it to do so the test becomes irrelevant. There is another program that does support this, but it’s a paid program. I think Fengtao may offer a double-your-money-back guarantee on HD Decrypter if it doesn’t work with your BluRay or HD-DVD discs :slight_smile:

Like I said its a work in progress, these new hd formats are relatively new, and it takes alot of R&D to decrypt them , that is why the program is free. many just use it for regular DVD discs and it works fine, as for Bluray or HD-DVD you may have to wait. There is no other free program that does as much as the free decryptor does, it is updated for all new regular protections, ( not Bluray or HD-DVD) for now I think that is great for a free program.

There is no need to defend DVDfab. I understand that is a great program. I use it a lot with regular DVDs and love it. I did not buy the program for HD discs.

This is the first time I have tried it on HD discs and I was just wondering how it works. They do claim that it "comes with [U]full[/U] HD-DVD and Blu-Ray support ". They do not say it comes with [U]some[/U] HD-DVD and blu-ray support. It really is not a big deal though and obviously I will continue to use the program for standard DVDs.

I was really wondering if I might be doing something wrong or if it might be my drive…

Hey Flip I have the same drive and the same problem, it seems that starting back in january DVDFab stopped recognizing the drive because people in other forums have had it working and they say now that it doesnt. Im not sure what the solution is but the software just doesnt see the LG.

Your drive’s key has been revoked. See the post I made in your other thread about this.

[QUOTE=signals;2060040]Your drive’s key has been revoked. See the post I made in your other thread about this.[/QUOTE]
Could you expand on this a bit? I read that EDN article and I still do not get it.

My drive and computer plays HD DVD and Blu-ray movies flawlessly in HD. I have a HDCP video card and HDCP monitor. I use PowerDVD for playback. I’m trying to understand how the drive could be revoked, I’m able to do HD playback, and I’m unable to decrypt HD discs.

[quote=flipcody;2060092]Could you expand on this a bit? I read that EDN article and I still do not get it.

My drive and computer plays HD DVD and Blu-ray movies flawlessly in HD. I have a HDCP video card and HDCP monitor. I use PowerDVD for playback. I’m trying to understand how the drive could be revoked, I’m able to do HD playback, and I’m unable to decrypt HD discs.[/quote]
There have been a number of threads here on this, please read them
http://club.cdfreaks.com/search.php?searchid=2866095

Thanks for the link to threads. I guess they confirm this is an issue with DVDfab. After reading the posts I went and tried Anydvd HD and it works flawlessly with HD DVD. I will try a Blu-ray disc next.

My drives key has not been revoked. Anydvd HD works and I’m able to play HD DVDs and Blu-rays in HD on my computer.

[quote=flipcody;2060142]Thanks for the link to threads. I guess they confirm this is an issue with DVDfab. After reading the posts I went and tried Anydvd HD and it works flawlessly with HD DVD. I will try a Blu-ray disc next.

My drives key has not been revoked. Anydvd HD works and I’m able to play HD DVDs and Blu-rays in HD on my computer.[/quote]
I do not think your key has been revoked either, but comparing a program thats costs about 70.00USD to a free program is apples and oranges. If you would like to discuss other programs we have appropriate forums for them. I think you have your answer.:iagree:

I was not comparing the programs. I was simply stating that another program works so problem is related to DVDfab and not my drive or other issue. DVDfab is a much better program over all.

As I have stated before I’m quite happy with DVDfab. It is the best $50 I have ever probably spent on software. I would be happier with program if it decrypted HD DVD and Blu-ray but I can live without it for the time being and hopefully they will address it.