HCT 1000BP Firmware

I am trying to upgrade my HCT 1000BP Blue-ray disc player with software from the company and it is supposed to be downlaoded and written on a burnable disc and put into the BD player and then our movies will play. The example that they give you uses Nero but we don’t already own Nero so figuring we can use Windows media player which already comes with the desktop, we tried drag to file over and it said we need a DVD=R and W disc and we only have DVD+R. My question is why do we need to use this type only and if it is a file that is writeable and needs th e DVD R W then why can’t we put the file on a thumb drive and stick it into the USB port in the back of the Blue-ray disc player and upgrade the firmware that way or even use the ethernet port in the back to directly upgrade the firmware. This is frustrating me to no end and I hope someone can help:a:sad:

[QUOTE=licamerc;2276333]I am trying to upgrade my HCT 1000BP Blue-ray disc player with software from the company and it is supposed to be downlaoded and written on a burnable disc and put into the BD player and then our movies will play.[/quote] Okay

The example that they give you uses Nero but we don’t already own Nero so figuring we can use Windows media player which already comes with the desktop, we tried drag to file over and it said we need a DVD=R and W disc and we only have DVD+R.
Well, i looked at the HCT website containing the firmware ( http://www.hctkorea.co.kr/admin/product/view.php?&ss[fc]=3&cat1=6&subCat=4&bbs_id=hctmanual&page=1&doc_num=113] ). The firmware is a nero image file. So you will need Nero anyway.

My question is why do we need to use this type only and if it is a file that is writeable and needs th e DVD R W then why can’t we put the file on a thumb drive and stick it into the USB port in the back of the Blue-ray disc player and upgrade the firmware that way or even use the ethernet port in the back to directly upgrade the firmware.

Well, why can’t my car run on air instead of gasoline? Oh wait… Because the system doesn’t work that way!

If your player can upgrade its firmware only by using a writable disc, then so be it. Desperately praying for other technical methods to magical appear is a waste of time.