HCDP compliant HDTV

vbimport

Quick question: are all HDTVs nowadays HDCP-compliant? I’m looking at a couple different LCD 720p HDTVs (Toshiba, LG, etc) and I can’t find any info as to whether they’re HDCP compliant. They have HDMI inputs. Are they all ok with HDCP nowadays?

Yes, all are HDCP equipped.

TOSHIBA,SONY WHERE PART OF THE INITIAL hdcp AND lg WEREN’T PART OF IT BUT ARE NOW.sONY AND TOSHIBA PICTURE IS ALOTE BETTER THAN LG AND i WOULD BUY LG AGAIN EVER.

They Might Be Equipped But Doesn,t Mean That They Will Work To Each Other .lg In Manual Rh299h Page 12 Under Additional Information For Hdmi Say The Following: Not All Hdcp-compatible Dvi Devices Will Work With This Recorder.in Other Word If Lg Product Doesn’t Work To A Differant Product Its Not THere Problem It Look Like Lg Doesn’t Want To Mix There Products!!!

I would not assume your TV is HDCP compliant for any reason other than the manufacturer stating so. Even then, as stated, it may not be compatible. The connections don’t guarantee anything is far as HDCP goes.

TV’s on sale, at least in the UK. If they carry the ‘HD Ready’ logo, they must be certified as HDCP compliant. I would guess this would also be the case in other countries too.