HBO monitors illegal downloads of Game of Thrones and sends warnings to pirates

Originally published at: http://www.myce.com/news/hbo-monitors-illegal-downloads-game-thrones-sends-warnings-pirates-82278/

HBO works together with anti-piracy partner IP Echelon on lowering the number of illegal downloads. The companies are monitoring several Torrent swarms and sent warnings to illegal downloaders.

[quote]HBO works together with anti-piracy partner IP Echelon on lowering the number of illegal downloads. The companies are monitoring several Torrent swarms and sent warnings to illegal downloaders.[/quote] So this will stop them and prevent them from using proxy and vpn for torrents? Wow, they must be smart right… NOT. They’ll scare the regular torrentors but smart pirates will just laugh at them again. Do they really think they are that smart…

No matter what HBO tries to stop the illegal downloads,they’ll fight a lost battle…:grin:
Maybe they should release the disc version asap,so that people can BUY it and watch…I bought seasons 1 to 6 on blu-ray and will buy 7 too when it’s released,but in the meantime I’m restricted to illegal downloads if I wanna view it already…:grin:

That’s the problem - they help rather the stop the pirating and torrenting of movies. But their heads are still high up in their mistress “where the sun don’t sun” to see the light of day.