HBO DVDs and DRM?

vbimport

Hi

I would like to back-up some of my HBO show DVDs. Is it possible? Are they infected with DRM?

Thanks
NBK

Most commercial dvds have some sort of copy protection, even if it is just CSS. AnyDVD or DVDFab should be able to break the encryption for you.

Hi Kerry56,

Is there any software that can id if any DRM is loaded and what type?

I am trying to back-up ‘The Wire’.

Thanks
NBK

Have you tried the two standard dvd decrypters I’ve mentioned? AnyDVD will show the type of protection added to a movie I know.

The other programs I know of regarding copy protection identification are for games.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2533386]Have you tried the two standard dvd decrypters I’ve mentioned? AnyDVD will show the type of protection added to a movie I know.

The other programs I know of regarding copy protection identification are for games.[/QUOTE]

HI Kerry56,

AnyDVD HD says ‘The Wire’ is infected with CSS. Can i use RipIt4Me and/or DVD Decrypter to rid my back-up of CSS?

NBK

If that is all it has, sure…any and all dvd decryption programs can remove CSS. AnyDVD can do it all by itself…just right click on the little fox icon at the bottom right of the screen and hit [I]Rip Video DVD to Harddisk[/I].

Thanks for your help Kerry56,

NBK

You could try Tunebite Converter too, if your problem is not solved by now. I use it to remove DRM copy protection from my purchased cds and dvds especially from iTunes and Napster music subscription and it does a good work. And that meaning that it unprotects and unlocks the protected files with good quality and for me this is a big advantage when it comes with those tools.

[QUOTE=Jamison;2533596]You could try Tunebite Converter too, if your problem is not solved by now. I use it to remove DRM copy protection from my purchased cds and dvds especially from iTunes and Napster music subscription and it does a good work. And that meaning that it unprotects and unlocks the protected files with good quality and for me this is a big advantage when it comes with those tools.[/QUOTE]

That is a unvetted program at best and should be said is untested and unproven to be reliable to use. Anydvd will remove DRM already as well as CSS protection.

[QUOTE=NBK;2533340]Hi

I would like to back-up some of my HBO show DVDs. Is it possible? Are they infected with DRM?

Thanks
NBK[/QUOTE]

Little late but I use Anydvd HD with the slew of slysoftware to backup the full dvd so I don’t damage the original and it works just as those it was the original dvd movie without any playback problems. I do know Anydvd removes DRM and removes CSS protection already…

[QUOTE=NBK;2533340]Hi

Thanks
NBK[/QUOTE]

I had always used DVD Decrypter without a problem, UNTIL, True Blood Season One.

I don’t know if the same protection is used on all HBO Dvd’s, but using AnyDVD and Clone DVD worked OK.

However, I have quit Any/Clone DVD and have been using DVD Fab Platinum, which I do prefer it’s interface and AnyDVD’s driver created big problems.

Another DVD box set that DVD Decrypter couldn’t handle was South Park, Season 13.

JMO