Having troubles with dvd shrink and decrypter

can not get them to work i have the instruction and set the preference by for both them. when i start decrypter it starts then keeps slowing down then stops and says can not read illegal mode when i try dvd shrink just the drive letter shows up and not the moive title. when i click on the try it takes a long time for it to show the moive after it does it will not do anything. here is my system info. nned help new to using pc

Probably related to the disc you’re trying to backup. Some recent discs can’t be decrypted by DVDDecrypter, even less by DVDShrink, notably Sony Arcoss protected discs.

There is a workaround but it’s rather complicated. If you find that this is your problem (Sony Arcoss) I can post a link to a tutorial on how to do that.

Have you tried several discs?

this happens with very dvd i tried. i can run them in my internal dvd drive everything works but when i burn them and try to play just vts video and audio files show and will not open when i put it in dvd player

What burning software are you using? Nero Roxio?
Are you putting the video .ifo .bup files into the Video_TS subfolder?

Looks like I didn’t understand your issue, but honestly I’ve re-read your two posts and it seems to me they describe two very different situations… :confused:

iam using nero and just udated the driver not sure about the other. all i know is decrpter is set at default settings and shrink is set by the guidelines the burner is a magicspin and the firmware is updated

the first posting is for the burner when i try to use them to down load the moive to my hard drive the second one is when i am using my built in dvd player to download to hard drive and burn with the external burner when i use the burner only. is when the items will not work then when i use the internal player i can get them to work and down loaded to the hard drive and burn. this is when the vts folders shows on the dvd player on my tv instead of the moive

Please don’t post the serial of Nero, jerry schlegelmilch. :wink:
Please update your Nero to 6.6.1.4.

You cannot burn those mpeg2/vob files as a DVD-VIDEO because it clearly states:

UDF/ISO compilation
11:26:14 AM #1 DVDREALLOC -21 File DVDVideoCompilation.cpp, Line 910
Required file ‘VIDEO_TS.IFO’ is not present

11:26:14 AM #2 DVDREALLOC -21 File DVDVideoCompilation.cpp, Line 910
Required file ‘VIDEO_TS.BUP’ is not present

11:26:14 AM #3 DVDREALLOC -21 File DVDVideoCompilation.cpp, Line 910
Required file ‘VTS_01_0.BUP’ is not present

11:26:14 AM #4 Phase 117 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1832
DVD-Video files compliance test failed