Having trouble posting new threads

Hello. I’m trying to post a new thread in the LiteOn DVD Burner / Sony DVD Burner forums but every time that I hit the Submit Message key I get a Page Can Not Be Displayed error. Furthermore, if I try to repost my failed thread I get a message from the forums telling me that I’m trying to post a duplicate thread and I need to wait 5 minutes.

I’ve been trying to post my thread for over 20 minutes now with no luck. :frowning: Sorry to be such a newb but does anyone here know what could be the problem? Thank you.

Edit I’m still having problems. I simply can’t create a new thread in the LiteOn DVD Burner / Sony DVD Burner forums. I get a Page Can Not Be Displayed error. This is simply bizarre because I can create a new thread here. Perhaps there is problem with my host file or something. Damn, I really need help too :frowning:

I’m going to post my proposed thread here hoping a kind moderator will move it to the proper place. Once again I’m sorry for the trouble. I’m not making a good first impression am I?

Title of thread

DVDRW SOHW-1673S won’t burn DVD+R at 4x

Thread body

Hello. I have a LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1673S JS0D that simply won’t burn DVD+Rs below 6x. I want to burn at 4x because I hear you get higher quality burns at that speed. My supported write speeds for DVD+R media are 6x, 8x, 12x, and 16x. What is sorely missing from that list are 4x 2x and 1x. I’m simply stumped on what could be the problem. I have endeavored to be proactive too before coming here…

My DVD burner was a SONY DVD RW DW-D26A JYS3 until I crossed flashed it to a LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1673S JS0D just a few hours ago. I thought by doing this I could enable 4x burning. No luck. Sheesh, I just hope that my actions don’t come back to bite me in the ars in future :wink: My drive seems fine after its flashing adventure but I haven’t tried burning anything yet with it. May the DVDR drive gods bless me! lol

I’ve also confirmed that my DVD+R media supports 4x burning speed. Here is the read out from DVD Identifier…

Unique Disc Identifier: [DVD+R:MCC-004-000]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [DVD+R]
Manufacturer Name : [Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [MCC]
Media Type ID : [004]
Product Revision : [Not Specified]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4.70 GB (4.38 GiB)]
Recording Speeds : [1x-2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x , 6x-16x]

So does anyone here know what could be the problem? If so, please help. Thank you

P.S. I backed up the SONY DVD RW DW-D26A JYS3 firmware. I hear that it’s quite rare. Please let me know if you me to post it here. Thank you.

Wow, I still can’t create any threads in the forums. I get “The page cannot be displayed” page every time I try to submit a thread. This is very odd to say the least…

Perhaps this is an eclectic community who shuns new members? Perhaps I’m not welcomed here? Perhaps I’m being paranoid and there is something wrong on my end eh? But I’m a member of several forums and I have never experienced this kind of odd behavior from a forum before. The bizarre thing is that I can create threads in the CD Freaks Forum Talk forum but nowhere else. Truly something is funky indeed…

Problem solved. It seems like my thread’s topic contained some characters that the forums found disagreeable. I just changed DVDRW SOHW-1673S won’t burn DVD+R at 4x to Can’t burn at slower speeds with SOHW 1673S JS0D and all was good. Thanks Da_Taxman. You’re a wise man indeed :wink:

I would be very interrested in that JYS3 firmware. please contact me at atf_kirk@hotmail.com in getting this from you. Thanks!