Having trouble playing my xbox 360 back-ups on Verbatim MKM-001

vbimport

I am having trouble playing my xbox 360 back-ups. I opened a new batch of 20 pack verbatim DL’s (MKM 001). These are the discs I always use and never had any problems. The problem isnt the game. I tried 2 verbatim burns on two different burners @ 2.4x both times and my xbox says unreadable for both discs. Here is a disc quality scan of one of the backups on one of the drives.

Hi FurY147, congrats on your first post! :slight_smile:

I moved your thread to a better place and changed the title to better describe your question.

• Moved thread from [I]Media Testing/Identifying Software[/I] subforum to [I]Blank Media[/I] forum * *
    • Modified thread title * *

[quote=DrageMester;2144838]Hi FurY147, congrats on your first post! :slight_smile:

I moved your thread to a better place and changed the title to better describe your question.

• Moved thread from [I]Media Testing/Identifying Software[/I] subforum to [I]Blank Media[/I] forum * *
    • Modified thread title * *[/quote]

thank you

1. Where were those discs made (country of origin)?
  2. What burners did you burn them with? Have you tried burning them at 4x (or faster)?
  3. Scan looks ok, but that doesn’t necessarily say much about readability and compatibility with often picky Xbox drives.

[quote=packetloss;2144951]1) Where were those discs made (country of origin)?
2) What burners did you burn them with? Have you tried burning them at 4x (or faster)?
3) Scan looks ok, but that doesn’t [B]necessarily[/B] say much about readability and compatibility with often picky Xbox drives.[/quote]

I threw out the label of the box but they are MKM-001 so im guessing Singapore? I didnt try 4x, I always burn my 360 back-ups at 2.4x . One drive is the Lite-on that you see in the scan picture, the other is a Lite-on

LH - 20A1L BL03

Not necessarily. They could be made in India (MBI) also.

I didnt try 4x, I always burn my 360 back-ups at 2.4x . One drive is the Lite-on that you see in the scan picture, the other is a Lite-on

LH - 20A1L BL03

Try 4x and see if it helps. I’d burn them in the 20A1L.

[quote=packetloss;2144964]Not necessarily. They could be made in India (MBI) also.

Try 4x and see if it helps. I’d burn them in the 20A1L.[/quote]

Well i burned at 4x as you said and it worked. What does this mean? I have been burning at 2.4x forever without any problems, and always with verbatims and the same burner.

Modern burners are tuned for high speed burning. While 4x is not ‘high speed’, even for DL media, it’s much better in this context than 2.4x.
That’s why most modern burners achieve better results with MKM001 at 4x (and faster) than the rated 2.4x speed. Slower is not always better, this is just a myth.

I’d stick to 4x in future. You probably got a worse / less consistent batch of MKM001s, and your burner does not seem to be able to achieve acceptable results with them at the rated 2.4x speed.