Having trouble creating SecuROM images

vbimport

Hello,

So I’ve got a lot of games nowadays (All legal copies mind you. I take pride in my collection :P) and having to change the CD when going to play a different game is really getting annoying. So I started doing some research on image creation and mini/maxi images. I started making mini images for my SafeDisc 1/2/3 games. It made things a lot easier. :stuck_out_tongue:

Now I’m looking at making SecuROM mini images for games prior v7.27.

After researching a little bit I tried making a full F.E.A.R. Director’s DVD Edition Image with Alcohol 52%. It seemed to be going great, but right at the end of burning it was getting constant disc read errors and not finishing the image. I assumed this was the copy protection doing its job. I tried to use the image, it didn’t work.

I’ve been looking on the forum and doing my research. But I just can’t seem to find out how to create a working SecuROM image.

I was also looking into MAXI Images so I could compress them and not have a bunch of 4 gig files on my hard drive.

These are the tools I currently have:

Alcohol 52%
DAEMON Tools
MAXI Image Creator by DKTigra
Y.A.S.U.

Now after saying all this… You may be wondering why I don’t just go on to google and find mini images for my games. The reason is I don’t trust mini images other people have made. I’m very cautious with this kind of thing. I’d hate have my CD-Keys stolen. :frowning:

I think the mini images are kinda illegal anyway.

But you may look into the [B]Alcohol subsection[/B], maybe you can find some useful stuff there.

Good Luck!

In the process of looking now, thanks. :stuck_out_tongue: