Having trouble backing up

harry potter & order of the phoenix and superbad even using the latest and greatest dvdfab. anyone else having same problem. admins - my first post and i do not think i violated any rules. have seen similar posts stated same way. any help will be appreciated.

You already posted this question in the Fab Forum. Please only post in the forum that is applicable to your question. If you post the same question in 2 forums it is called crossposting and against forum rules. Please read the rules again. Your question is here is the correct forum.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/1956573-post37.html

so where should i have posted it? in the other forum, one of the posters mentioned that no one was having a problem with the posted issue and i just responded to the comment. did not think that constituted a double or crosspost since the violating post did not ask a question. not trying to be difficult, just understanding how the board works. by the way, i did a search first as suggested but could find no solution. lastly, if i need to respond, do a respond to the original post or 2nd post? gotta run, but will be back on later.

ive often wondered the same thing. my suggestion would be to have a “i dont know where to post this” room and have a mod there to put those postings where they belong and provide a link to the new location(s).

Your question is regarding DVD Fab Platnium if I am not mistaken. So since we have a sub forum for that program it would be wise ( as you have already done and find your answers there) sometimes if other say they have had success with the disc and the program you are using, other factors come into play, like a bad source disc and many other variables. You may be new to FAB and have the incorrect settings, this is just a guess, but your chances of gettnig your problem solved will be in the Fab Forum, let me see if I can move this thread there.:iagree: [B]EDIT[/B] [B]Thread moved from CD-DVD Copy Protection.[/B]

Its easy , if your question is about DVD Fab and you are having a problem you search and see if a thread has already been started on this issue, if it has not, then start a new one, but first see if there is something similar to your problem and post in the appropriate thread. Not hard at all. If I can help let me know.

alan - thanks for patience and help. i have downloaded and tried latest versions (platinum) & betas but to no avail. i noticed something, however, that the problems i am having are with WF (wide format) rather than FF (full format). exchanged potter for FF and dvd fab worked fine. since no FF version of superbad, i am at a loss now since i still am getting dvdfab errors at approx 71% complete. here is the event log which may help:

20:28:29: Analyzing of DVD started
20:28:29: Analyzing of DVD completed successfully
20:28:29: Copy process started
20:35:38: Task_1 failed! Error=102(VTS_01_4.VOB 556400640 419840)
20:35:39: Process failed!

happened when i tried to copy main movie only. any thoughts??

try copying the full disk or splitting. you could also try sending the vob files to dvdfab for them to work on. id like to offer some more help but I dont own the movie. heck, ive never even heard of it.

I backed up Superbad main movie only w/Platinum…
In Common settings>DVD >Read> tick “Ignore all reading errors automatically”…and try again.good luck!

[quote=dixiecrat;1957169]alan - thanks for patience and help. i have downloaded and tried latest versions (platinum) & betas but to no avail. i noticed something, however, that the problems i am having are with WF (wide format) rather than FF (full format). exchanged potter for FF and dvd fab worked fine. since no FF version of superbad, i am at a loss now since i still am getting dvdfab errors at approx 71% complete. here is the event log which may help:

20:28:29: Analyzing of DVD started
20:28:29: Analyzing of DVD completed successfully
20:28:29: Copy process started
20:35:38: Task_1 failed! Error=102(VTS_01_4.VOB 556400640 419840)
20:35:39: Process failed!

happened when i tried to copy main movie only. any thoughts??[/quote] It could be many things, what media are you using? What speeds are you burning at. That 102 error (102 DVD_Error_ReadFile,) is an error while read that particular .vob file. Since other have had no problem backing up that disc I have to assume you are either trying to make a copy of a copy or the source disc is bad.

success!!! thanks all for the replys and suggestions. bottom line is that it was one or both of 2 things: bad source dvd or limited space on my c: drive for dvdfab to use its temp folder. exchanged the Superbad dvd for another one and reassigned the temp location to d: where i have 300gb free space. also, dvdfab platinum 4.0.2beta was what i used to rip. my guess is that any version of 4.0.1.2 would have worked, but guess i need to go ahead and fork out some $$ now. used the free version long enough and am feeling guilty. thanks again to all who responded and to alan for being patient with a newbie.

I am happy it all worked out for you, Happy burning and Happy Holidays.:iagree:

Always give yourself at least 15 GBs of free space to process “each” Dvd Backup.