Having trouble backing up a dvd

I’m a newbie to this Club CDFreaks. Having said that I know only the basics of computer ‘stuff’, so please respond back with simple answers, k? :slight_smile:

Previously I have backed up many of my dvd’s, but recently I experienced something very different. My software is 1Click DVD Copy 5 and my decryption is DVD 43, version 4.3.1.0. I have listed below the process I am seeing.

scanning source files
locating feature movie title
enabling audio & video streams
no video compression required

…which then takes me straight into Burn DVD. It wants me to insert a writable media but has not copied anything to write.

Very frustrated - please help.

Newer protections require updated tools. AnyDVD and DVD Fab are the two that are most recently updated. There is a forum section for each of them. DVD Fab afaik is the only updated one with an option to use it free, although it is limited in the free version and requires additional tools.

Since I’m not having any difficulty with any other DVD backups, I’m thinking that the problem quite possibly is on the dvd itself. I just recently purchased DVD Cloner VI and I am also having the same problem there. Could it be that there is a new kind of protection on this movie?

It is possible a newer protection scheme is on it. Look through our Movie Copy software forum and see if you can find a thread on this particular movie. Or do search with the movie title.

heed help with obsessed can you.

@tocool
DVDFab HD Decrypter should be able to decrypt and rip your copy of Obsessed to the hard drive.

You can find it here: http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

DVDFab HD Decrypter is the free section within DVDFab and will continue to function even after the trial for the main part of DVDFab expires. While you have the free trial for DVDFab working, you should explore all ts capabilities for backing up dvds.

[QUOTE=Scribette;2416473]I’m a newbie to this Club CDFreaks. Having said that I know only the basics of computer ‘stuff’, so please respond back with simple answers, k? :slight_smile:

Previously I have backed up many of my dvd’s, but recently I experienced something very different. My software is 1Click DVD Copy 5 and my decryption is DVD 43, version 4.3.1.0. I have listed below the process I am seeing.

scanning source files
locating feature movie title
enabling audio & video streams
no video compression required

…which then takes me straight into Burn DVD. It wants me to insert a writable media but has not copied anything to write.

Very frustrated - please help.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you have the latest version of 1Click; new version released today with updates to CPRX which will help with some new titles.

Having said that, I recommend you find a better decrypter, such as AnyDVD (paid) for the free DVDFab Decrypter.