Having such difficulty backing up Sex and the City dvd...Please HELP!

vbimport

Hi everyone,

I’ve been trying to back up my Sex and the City dvds, Season 6, Part II, Dics 2 and so far without success. I have tried almost everything: dvd decryptor, dvd shrink, ripitforme, any dvd, clone dvd, dvdfabdecryptor…etc

Has anyone else had so much trouble backing up this series? If so, please let me know how you solved this problem.

In my case, it starts ripping the dvd, and then an error message (incorrect parameter) pops up after completing 87%…(the dics is clean and unscratched…I"ve checked many times)

Any suggestions???

Please help!

Welcome to CDFreaks Forum, this is the indication that your DVD Video disk is corrupted try to exchange the disc from the place you bought it.

Thanks for the welcome, TCAS!

the disc plays fine in the dvd player though…just can’t seem to be able backing it up.

might be a filter driver issue , try removing em as desribed here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060 , if you still wont be able to rip it then try to rip any other dvd , could be a bad drive…

Use the above suggestion if that did not work out also try to rip and burn the disc with program called “RipIt4Me” which is also free see if that resolves your problem.

he alredy did,so copy protection is not the issue

[QUOTE=easterbunny;1749608]he alredy did,so copy protection is not the issue[/QUOTE]

No, I don’t think it’s a copy protection issue, or dirty/scratched disks. I don’t know what it is. Nothing works. And it’s not on all disks. I’ve gotten through a few of the bad ones with DVD HD Fab Decrypter by clicking on IGNORE ALL READ ERRORS [haven’t had the time to check the output though.] I’m assuming that the manufacturer has incorporated some sort of a physical defect into the media. Intentionally. The current disk I’m on S3-D3 I let rip all night, and this morning it was still under 10% [ouch]