Having some issues using DL discs -

looking for some feedback here.

I’m using clonedvd and anydvd, latest versions. I’m also generally using Double Layer discs and the corresponding option in Clonedvd. This seems to be resulting in some problems on the copy where it basically locks up or stops and I’m thinking it’s at the layer break.

I’m basically using the default settings on anydvd which jump to main movie but the remove annoying adverts etc is NOT checked.

I’m using clonedvd and copying the main title, not cloning the entire disc.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

More info will be needed. What is the exact media type you’re burning to? You say DL discs, but, what brand, + or -, and the media code would be great if possible. What equipment are you playing it on? For instance, as I just replied to in another thread, my Sony player absolutely SUCKS when it comes to layer break issues. Also note that CloneDVD will reposition the layer break when writing it out to a DL disc. It can NOT keep the original layer break. If that is something you wish to do, you need to use +R DL discs and use CloneCD with AnyDVD to make a 1:1 copy of the disc. DVD Decrypter/IMGBurn can also do a 1:1 copy and keep the original layer break, as well.

Slipangle -

In another CD Freaks Forum posting you state you are using Memorex +R DL blank media and also state “I know they are not so great”.

You are correct in your assessment of Memorex +R DL blank media. Memorex +R DL blank media is known to be problematic. Suggest using known quality Verbatim DL media.

BeLooken

I echo that advice wholeheartedly.

I used to have same problem when come to burn DVD DL+R. Movie will freeze at layerbreak and eventually goes to 2nd layer. After read forum I have learn that Clone DVD 2 will create it’s own layerbreak. To preserve original layer break you either have to use Clone CD or ImgBurn. I’ve been using ImgBurn since then and never have had layerbreak freezing problem may be just a little pause but not to call it freezes.