Having some ANNOYING problems with Nero 5.0

vbimport

Hi there. This is my first time in the forum. A friend of mine recommended me; said anybody here would be more than willing to lend some helpful advice. Well, here's my problem...

My friend recently downloaded the new Nero 5.0 from cdsoft.net and we seem to be having some problems with it. You see, sometimes his writer burns fine, while other times the recordings are so full of audio jitter, they make for great "coasters" or "frisbees."

We're both very new at this whole "CD burning thing," but this is the process we use to burn audio CD's:

1. Record an image onto his HD
2. From that image burn a copy at 2X

I just don't see why it wouldn't work 100% of the time. There are even some discs that, no matter what we do, it just will NOT make for a succesful copy. Last night we encountered some problems with some discs that did copy before, but now one out of every four comes out bad. Hell, we've even tried to convert the whole CD to wav files, then drag and drop, and then burn, but again...Sometimes they come out perfect, and other times unlistenable!!

Now, I don't know if Nero isn't fully compatible with my friend's burner (a Philips/Maganvox 4X4X24 internal CD Writer- don't know the exact model #. It's the one Gateway offers with its computers), or if there's some sort of crack needed to get a 100% success rate. I know blanks only cost a dollar but we've already lost 20 in the past month, and that's not acceptable.

If you need to know what compuetr he has, etc....His processor is a Pentium II, 400MHz, 256 MB RAM, etc. Don't know what else I need to add.

My guess is simply that there is something wrong with Nero 5.0, because with 3.0 we never had these problems. The success rate wasn't 100%, but we didn't lose nearly as many blanks as we do now (1 out of every 8-10 instead of 1 out of every 4!!!)

Please help me out guys. You're my last resort. Maybe another program will work better? I don't know. You tell me.

• A.

[This message has been edited by Dvdoot (edited 16 May 2000).]

I don’t know what the exact problem could be, but maybe you better try out some other cdrsoftware, like cdrwin or cequadrat WinOnCD

If the only factor that changes in recent time, is that you started using NERO 5.0 then it is clear that this program is the problem.
I have already heard from other people also having trouble with NERO 5.0
Like Mattel007 said, just use a different program, or an older version from NERO, 4.0.7.2 for example.

Djewst