Having so many dramas burning to cd/dvd (Toshiba Satellite A200)

[qanda]This thread is about the Toshiba Satellite A200. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi guys going insane…

I have the following issues, trying to burn cd or dvd. Sometimes i wont recignise the disk as a blank disk ready to use, sometimes it burns then shows nothing on the disk, sometimes it burns most of a disk then fails, sometimes it works perfect…

Today for example i put in a 6 disks tried to copy data off hd then failed, 7th disk works fine. Then when i get back into the program, it all of a sudden wont recignise any blank disks i put in keeps saying inserted cd/dvd could not be detected successfully, there is not logic to it… few times i have gone into only ever ashampoo and it says no cd burner device detected, never had that before… Sometimes i have issues rarely with it finding a dvd i have to put it in a few times then it finds it.

Im not sure if its related but i have had this error come up as well

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3081

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 02DAA3C4
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 8AD7707C
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:WindowsMinidumpMini051209-02.dmp
C:UsersRyzieAppDataLocalTempWER-81635-0.sysdata.xml
C:UsersRyzieAppDataLocalTempWER71B5.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

I have run a cleaning cd through it no help… tried different cds and dvds no help, and set up windows from scratch twice, and update some software, used different formatting software and options.

I have restored the computer from backup disks no better, i have updated the value added package drivers, and the dvd silencer software. I have tried burning in explorer, nero, dvd shrink, ashampoo buring etc etc… Still getting mixed results.

Im not sure if its a hardware or software issue, i have never had a problem with it reading real copy dvds, sometimes probs wih burnt ones but if i put it in and out six times it works.

Any ideas, im wasting a whole lot of cds and dvds with my failures…

Can you post a burn log?

Thanks for your help…

Im not great with computers, sorry whats that and how do i get it?