I’m having trouble creating a data cd from .Flac files, using .Flac files ripped from an audio cd (ripped and then converted to .Flac files).
I used EAC to rip my audio cd and convert the files to .Flac files, and then I used Imgburn to create an image file (.iso) of the .Flac files. However the image file (.iso) it creates is unreadable (either on its own using VLC Media Player, or after burning to a cd and then trying to read the cd).
I’m not sure where the problem is, but I’ve tried ripping the original cd with both EAC and Media Monkey, and I’ve tried creating an image file using Imgburn as well as another image program. Ripping with either EAC or Media Monkey, or creating an image file with Imgburn or another image program always results in the same - the image file (.iso) created from the .Flac files is always unreadable with any media player.
I’m somewhat sure the problem is occuring before the image file creation (either with the original audio cd, or with the ripping and converting process), but I’m not sure where. If I need to provide any more details that might be able to help, please let me know.
Also, I don’t know if this matters, but the original audio cd is Heart - The Essential Heart 3.0 (2002 - 2 discs), and my optical drive is a Sony Optiarc AD-7240S with 1.03 firmware.