Having problems creating a data cd, from Flac files ripped from an audio cd

vbimport

I’m having trouble creating a data cd from .Flac files, using .Flac files ripped from an audio cd (ripped and then converted to .Flac files).

I used EAC to rip my audio cd and convert the files to .Flac files, and then I used Imgburn to create an image file (.iso) of the .Flac files. However the image file (.iso) it creates is unreadable (either on its own using VLC Media Player, or after burning to a cd and then trying to read the cd).

I’m not sure where the problem is, but I’ve tried ripping the original cd with both EAC and Media Monkey, and I’ve tried creating an image file using Imgburn as well as another image program. Ripping with either EAC or Media Monkey, or creating an image file with Imgburn or another image program always results in the same - the image file (.iso) created from the .Flac files is always unreadable with any media player.

I’m somewhat sure the problem is occuring before the image file creation (either with the original audio cd, or with the ripping and converting process), but I’m not sure where. If I need to provide any more details that might be able to help, please let me know.

Also, I don’t know if this matters, but the original audio cd is Heart - The Essential Heart 3.0 (2002 - 2 discs), and my optical drive is a Sony Optiarc AD-7240S with 1.03 firmware.

What happens if you just burn the files instead of creating an iso?

If you have the .iso file on HDD then just use Imgburn and [I]write[/I] the iso file to disc…
You can also extract (7-zip) the flac(s) from the .iso file…
Next time create a DATA CD with BurnAware or CDburnerXP…Just compile the flacs and burn your DATA CD…
Most all SW media players(AFAIK), including MM will play the DATA disc…Try it…

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2530355]If you have the .iso file on HDD then just use Imgburn and [I]write[/I] the iso file to disc…
You can also extract the flac(s) from the .iso file…
Next time create a DATA CD with BurnAware or CDburnerXP…Just compile the flacs and burn your DATA CD…
Most all SW media players(AFAIK), including MM will play the DATA disc…Try it…[/QUOTE]

I ripped the audio cd with EAC (and also Media Monkey) to get the flac files, then I used Imgburn to create an image file (.iso) by compiling the flacs. However, the image file that it creates (from the flacs) is unreadable, and I can’t extract the flac files from that iso. I’m not sure where in the process something is going wrong (possibly in the EAC options, the conversion to the flac files, or maybe even something in the original audio cd), but I need some help. Thank you for your response btw

Not sure what’s wrong but, if you created an iso on HDD, you should be able to extract the flacs from it…And you should be able to burn/write a data cd from the .ISO…Do the individual flacs(created by EAC) play from the HDD?..
As stated above, try BurnAware free and compile the flacs to burn a DATA CD…

However, the image file that it creates (from the flacs) is[B] unreadable[/B], and I can’t extract the flac files from that iso

This is true, unless you mount, burn/write or extract the flacs from the .ISO

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2530358]Not sure what’s wrong but, if you created an iso on HDD, you should be able to extract the flacs from it…And you should be able to burn/write a data cd from the .ISO…Do the individual flacs(created by EAC) play from the HDD?..
As stated above, try BurnAware free and compile the flacs to burn a DATA CD…[/QUOTE]

Yes, thank you, I downloaded Burnaware and I was able to create a data cd from the flac files. Before I was trying to first make an image file (Iso) from the flac files, then I would try to burn the Iso to a disc, which wasn’t working. By selecting data cd (burning files directly to the disc, without first creating an Iso of the files), it worked fine. thanks again

Glad [I]we[/I] helped!..
Cheers!:cool: