Having problems burning

Ok, I just recently formatted… and Now I can’t burn a DVD or a CD at all. I installed the ForceASPI after I tried a lot of things. I installed Nero, and a bunch of other burning programs. Nothing is working. In Nero, just says it failed while it’s doing the LeadIn. I am completely stumped at what to do. I have a LiteOn LDW-811S DVD burner. And a 52x LiteOn CD Burner. Don’t know the model of that. But I tried burning a CD on the CD burner and no luck, same thing as the DVD burner. If you have any questions about my comp or anything, please ask. I just want to get this issue solved ASAP. Using XP Pro.

Hi SillyHalfMexican,

welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

What mainboard are you using? Maybe based on the nVidia nForce chipset?

If so, read this post.

Regards,

ET

Originally posted by SillyHalfMexican
Ok, I just recently formatted… and Now I can’t burn a DVD or a CD at all.

Originally posted by eltranquil
[B]Hi SillyHalfMexican,

welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

What mainboard are you using? Maybe based on the nVidia nForce chipset?

If so, read this post.

Regards,

ET [/B]

Thanks, and yes, I have the nForce. Thing is tho, I get STOP errors when it goes to burn, or with nero it just says it failed. I just did a format, so wouldn’t the drivers be the ones that comes with it when you install XP?

Yes. If you use the Windows installation CD, you get the standard Microsoft IDE drivers… I asked you about the nVidia IDE drivers since it is a quite common problem, but probably this is not your case… :sad:

Regards,

ET

Originally posted by SillyHalfMexican
I just did a format, so wouldn’t the drivers be the ones that comes with it when you install XP?