Having problem with 'AVP Alien vs. Predator'

vbimport

Hi,

I tried copying ‘AVP Alien vs. Predator’ today and am selecting only the main title. The disc is brand spanking new right out of the box and was working in the player yesterday. The error that comes up is the following:

E:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_03_4.VOB:read error

Data error cyclical redundancy check.

I get to about 56% when this happens. The software asks for me to clean the disc and I do, but there is not a scratch on it. I’m using Clonedvd2 version 2.7.3.1 and AnyDVD version 4.5.5.1.

Has anyone else had a problem copying ‘AVP Alien vs. Predator’ using CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD?

Any suggestions?

I have since upgraded to AnyDVD version 4.5.7.1 but have the same problem at 56%. :Z

Nobody can tell you, unless you tell us “which” AVP version you try to copy. Region 1? Region 3? Country of origin? Edition? (Widescreen, Fullscreen)
Please… always be as precise as possible.
Anyway, I suspect this to be a faulty disc. This does happen.

Used the same versions and no problems here. Your disk might need cleaning is all i can offer for help.

Send IFOs to SlySoft for analysis.

How did you know, which AVP he wanted to copy?

Which as in region? Good question…Wild quess :o lol But a correct guess :bigsmile:

Sorry Olli,

I hope this is the information for which you were asking.

Summary for drive E:
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)

Video DVD (or CD) label: ALIEN_VS_PREDATOR_FF
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Found & removed RCE protection!
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Structural copy protection not found.
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

The box states ‘full screen’, dual layer.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

I have region 1 widescreen, No problem coping! ! ! !

I do see, that you have fullscreen…

Did you try to launch AnyDVD, load the DVD movie, and copy the VIDEO_TS folder from the DVD ROM to your hard drive? If successful, then you can instruct CloneDVD to transcode from this VIDEO_TS folder instead of reading directly from the drive.

Another option is to download DVD Decrypter to copy the WHOLE movie to the hard drive. Now launch CloneDVD to transcode the movie on the hard drive.

Make sure, that “reomve copy protection based on unreadable sectors” is enabled. But I am quite certain, that your disc is somehow damaged. Try to read it with a different drive, this does help sometimes.