Having burning troubles please help

i have a memorex dvd burner that just started acting up. i looked it up on this forum and read somewhere that having your dvd drive and hard drive on the same ide cable is the problem. can someone verify and help me with my slow burning speed? it takes me an hour to burn a 1 hour and 50 min long movie!! someone please help me.

i forgot to add that i was useing dvd shrink to rip and nero 7 to burn then i tried to rip with dvd ripper platinum and burn with convertx 3 and the same thing happened. it took an hour to burn. and my ide channels are set to dma if available already.

definitly if your HDD and burner are on the same cable then thats the problem. What model is the burner.

i dont know the model number its a work computer. is there any way to get around that problem?

[QUOTE=cris^;2019442]i forgot to add that i was useing dvd shrink to rip and nero 7 to burn then i tried to [B]rip with dvd ripper platinum and burn with convertx 3[/B] and the same thing happened. it took an hour to burn. and my ide channels are set to dma if available already.[/QUOTE]

You are transcoding & burning!

That needs time.

[quote=chef;2020993]You are transcoding & burning!

That needs time.[/quote]
what do you mean needs time?

[QUOTE=cris^;2021520]what do you mean needs time?[/QUOTE]

Check your DMA settings.
How big is the DVD file? Are you trying to fit it on a DVD5?

If there is a lot of compression it takes time.

I just use DVDFab>DVDShrink>Imgburn. It’s never failed me.

[QUOTE=eric93se;2019512]definitly if your HDD and burner are on the same cable then thats the problem. What model is the burner.[/QUOTE]

I agree with eric93se you should not have the HDD and the burner on the same cable. If possible move the burner to the secondary position and make it the MASTER for better performance.

You are transcoding & burning!

That needs time.

And as chef says if you are transcoding and then burning it’s going to take some time , that’s a lot work to get done.

bean55