Having an aggravating time burning verbatim 95241 discs

im having a problem burning Verbatim Inkjet printables DVD-r (95241) at 4x. ive been using Verbatims for years and never have i had this many problems with them, i even pay more and avoid cheap memorex to avoid having these issues.
Anyways im using a 3.2 duo core , 2 gigs of ram , running xp sp2, burning with nero 7 or img burn. i recenlty bought the verbatims 95241 and the first 50 spindle burnt great , with no problems so i ordered 2 more the second and third spindle either burns to 95% and then fails with errors , or if it burns compltely it s unplayayble afterwards. the discks have no dark spots so i doubt its dust. ive also burned on 2 different lite-on drives and i still get the same results. any help is appreciated. thak you

Welcome to CD Freaks. :slight_smile:

May I ask why you choose to burn at 4x, and have you tried any speeds faster than this?

Burning these at 4x? These are 16x correct?

Quality is probably worse burning them that slow.

Give 8x or 12x a try.

You have Lite-on drives can you post a quality scan from the good discs burned at 4x I would be interested in seeing the results.

[QUOTE=john_707;2162233]im having a problem burning Verbatim Inkjet printables DVD-r (95241) at 4x. ive been using Verbatims for years and never have i had this many problems with them, i even pay more and avoid cheap memorex to avoid having these issues.
Anyways im using a 3.2 duo core , 2 gigs of ram , running xp sp2, burning with nero 7 or img burn. i recenlty bought the verbatims 95241 and the first 50 spindle burnt great , with no problems so i ordered 2 more the second and third spindle either burns to 95% and then fails with errors , or if it burns compltely it s unplayayble afterwards. the discks have no dark spots so i doubt its dust. ive also burned on 2 different lite-on drives and i still get the same results. any help is appreciated. thak you[/QUOTE]

i used to always hear to burn at slower speeds, as for thequality scan ill do that now but for me i dont really know what im looking with those

Slower is sometimes better but but burning quality 16x media at 4x can often result in poor results.

Not saying that is your issue here as you could have gotten a bad batch or the combination of burning to slow and a bad batch.

Would be good to try a 8x or 12x burn and see how that goes as well as a quality scan, with that information we may get a good idea of what is happening.

[QUOTE=john_707;2162246]i used to always hear to burn at slower speeds, as for thequality scan ill do that now but for me i dont really know what im looking with those[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=john_707;2162246]i used to always hear to burn at slower speeds, …[/QUOTE]

A common misconception with modern drives and discs…have a look at this thread for further info. :slight_smile:

ok here are 2 scans on 4 x the other 8x

Yeah…definitely try a higher writing speed with that drive and those discs.

ok ill try at 8x and 12 x , now do those scans seem right when i see them i dont know what it means. thanks for the responses

You did the scans properly :iagree:; and to put it simply, the colorful mountain at the end should not be there for discs written well.

ok i burned another disk at 12x and it seems ok but it seems to have errors at the end by the scan

so is this an indication of a bad batch of disks or i was just burning to slow?

[QUOTE=john_707;2162401]ok i burned another disk at 12x and it seems ok but it seems to have errors at the end by the scan

so is this an indication of a [B][I]bad batch[/I][/B] of disks or i was just burning to slow?[/QUOTE]

Maybe you can try some other media like TY or you can try some +R.

[quote=john_707;2162401]ok i burned another disk at 12x and it seems ok but it seems to have errors at the end by the scan

so is this an indication of a bad batch of disks or i was just burning to slow?[/quote]

Why did you scan at 12x?

Can you post a scan done at 4x please?

I think what everyone is trying to say is “burn” the DVD at 8x or 12x,
then scan the burned disc at 4x.

ok sorry about that , ok this dvd i burnt at 12x and then i scanned it at 4x

Yeah that’s better, not sure what’s cause that rise at the end maybe some dust or a scratch on the disc.

Quick pointer, instead of using print screen click on the floppy disc symbol at the top of the program to save the image result, it’s a lot quicker that way.

Burn @ 8x and results should hopefully get even better.

Scan can be done @ any speed. Higher usually results in higher errors. This is where the great burns show their difference with half decent burns.

Anyways 4x scanning is best for you at this point in time.

Burn @ 8x
Scan @ 4x

Should work well.

thanks, ill try burning at 8x today when i get back from work but so far its doing better burning at higher speeds. I dont know why on most disks the errors start to peak by the end of the disk

[QUOTE=john_707;2162637]thanks, ill try burning at 8x today when i get back from work but so far its doing better burning at higher speeds. I dont know why on most disks the errors start to peak by the end of the disk[/QUOTE]

I have had a few burners (NEC 3500 and LG 5163) where the error count raised at the end on some (most) discs. Beautiful burners for 4200 mb but didn’t look good after that. I don’t think it ever caused problems but didn’t look good. Same tendency at lower speeds (4x + 6x) but not as “bad” looking :slight_smile: