Having a nightmare installing Epson R300

vbimport

Right i’ve been out today and bought a Epson R300 but when I try to install it onto my pc it keeps crashing.

I am using windows XP Home and a dell dimension 8000 pc.

The error message i’m getting is:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdaon to prevent damage to your computer.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you’ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If the screen appears again follow these steps.

Check to be sure you have adequate disc space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adaptors.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable componants, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

***stop:0x0000008e (0x0000005,0x804e8b66,0xf7bbb9a4,0x00000000)

Begining dump of physical memory

Physical memory dump complete.

Contact your systems administration or technical support group for further assistance.

So there you have it i’m TOTALLY lost

One thing I thought it may be is I am using the usb cable from the printer I have just connected A dell A920. Is that what it means when it says IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Is the usb cable not up to the job???

Hope one of you techy heads out there can help.

Cheers,

Pete.

Have a look here

Thanks for that Madmax but typically when I click on my error number it comes up as page not avaliabe!

I am using sp2 and I have downloaded the updated driver from epson. I have managed to get the printer installed this morning through a lot of trail and error and a lot of crashes, but I still have a problem were whenever I turn the printer on or off The pc craches and I have the message above appear.

When I have re-booted the pc I have even had cpu fan failure appear twice which is rather worrying.

I’m pulling me bloody hair out here!
:confused:

Pete.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is usually caused by either software (driver issues) or hardware so it’s not obvious what’s causing it.
//Danne

I’ve been on the phone to Dell today and we have established that it is not hardware related and they reckon it’s software. They have told me it will cost upwards of £21 for them to resolve the problem. Like I said I have updated the drivers on the Epson website.

Should I bite the bullet and get stung by Dell or can anyone suggest anything else?

Thanks,

Pete.

Few things I would do.
First totally uninstall anything to do with with either printer.
Don’t forget a reg cleaner too.
Second in Device Manager Uninstall USB controllers.
Third delete temp files and run scan disc and defrag.
Last reboot pc and let XP reinstall USB controllers. Check to make sure XP installed USB2 if not D-L it.
After rebooting follow the instruction that came with your printer.
I have found more problems with USB printer in XP do to lack of defraging.
Good luck. :slight_smile:

XP didn’t autodetect it before you installed the drivers? Do you have old print drivers that need to be uninstalled?

Any chance you connected the printer before installing software? Could be the problem. I would try what pc guy says uninstall all items related to printer and start over. Also Epson customer support is very helpful I would call them If you can’t get it running. The printer prints very good photos and dvds by the way. and it is very quiet.

Wow you would think he would told us. :confused:
I bet he called Dell. :iagree:

Glad to know it either Software or Hardware… Wonder what else it could be? Maybe a planetary arrangement of the stars that creates an intergalactic conflict with the universe, hmmm.

Hi guy’s sorry I havnt been on for a few days but the problem is now solved a mate has had a look and sorted it, some sort of conflict.

Easy when you know how eh? :smiley:

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Pete.