Have you studied the world wars?

yes, i know most of you had, that actually wasn’t the question :wink:
i just wanted to know how deep you went through them, and if you know how stupid my poor (?) homeland looked during both of them: i recently learned that in both occasions italy wasn’t ready at all to join a war, and did it only to “look better” compared to every other european country which are (and always have been), as we all (should) know, much more organized then us.
nevertheless, we always switched side when german people, who started as allied everytime, looked like loosing.
what do you think/know?
to me, these are the things that make me hate my country, mainly because they give the impression (but it is a fact, there’s no reason to hide it) that we are a nation of clowns, full of ignorant people because nobody ever really cared about education until at least the sixties, that does not know how to beheave and that only wants to look better than the others because of our prestigious roots, the roman empire and stuff.
when europe was in full industrial revolution, we had about 20km of train tracks, which were used to bring the king to and from his shitty seaside house; when everybody was trying to get through the first WW we had 20 years of fucking fascism, when political opposition was forbidden and paid with legalized death; we started to think like a whole, united nation only after choosing democracy as our future, but still these days we have incompetent people leading the political scene, who are more interested in legalizing their past errors than actually caring about their country.
i just wanna go away, and i’m not the only one.
we’re the oldest country in europe (meaning that we have way too few new borns), which means we’re still bound (and believe me, you can’t even know!) to religion and most of its habits (an example? exhibiting religious symbols in public places is actually illegal, according to our costitution, but when somebody fights to bring down the cross from the wall of a school room he gets blamed by 85% of the population, but of course this is according to our useless television news reels, which are somehow controlled by the big, bald, stretched, empty, dumb-looking head of “our” chief.

to me, these are the things that make me hate my country
Dude you shouldn’t say things like that :wink:

A lot of countries / nations have done a lot of things that should never have happened, mistakes that are greatly regretted by most people. I dont think Italy is the first on that list, not even close actually - even though you did declare war towards Greece (i just love italians we are so much alike) :wink:

Still the important thing is that people should learn from these mistakes especially those that have the power to do them again. That way there is hope that none of them will be repeated… AMEN :bigsmile:

I think the Italians invented corruption and propaganda :slight_smile:

( Click here for the Parmalat Pacman Game :slight_smile: )

Kidding aside… you think Italy is a bad boy ? Think of the Netherlands !

We invented slavery , we invented racism (“apartheid” is one of the very very few dutch-international words) and we looted many countries , both on the surcafe and in the ground (ooh diamonds and other cool stuff !).

If there is a war , we like to hold back , stay neutral. And if we’re somehow feel attacked , we point and scream.
If we actually ARE attacked ; then we shout something about the color orange and fight like crazy hezbollah for our kingdom.

Yet , everything is legal and every foreigner with no money can have a decent life inside our lovely country.

But stay off our money !

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
But stay off our money ! [/B]

And women!! :cool: :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Namoh
And women!! :cool: :stuck_out_tongue:

Chill out guys , there are enough women for everyone , we can even trade if you like :bigsmile:

Originally posted by The_Judas
Chill out guys , there are enough women for everyone , we can even trade if you like :bigsmile:

One women for 2 sheep sounds fair to you? :smiley:

cico - there is an old man in the book catch22 that might make you smile ;).

ckin, you mean the old man with the hookers? :slight_smile:

germany wins
“I love the germans!”

america wins
“I love the americans!”

Trust me, Italy isnt the only country with problems

Originally posted by ckin2001
cico - there is an old man in the book catch22 that might make you smile ;).
uhm… i don’t get it…

anyway, it’s “zee” germans :bigsmile:

btw, sorry about trying to get our filthy hands onto greece, but hey: you won, after all! :wink:

Originally posted by Airhead
[B]germany wins
“I love the germans!”

america wins
“I love the americans!” [/B]

yaaa, and how since the italian fighting man is second to all, italy will last forever. //wish i had time to find it on my desk

Originally posted by cico
btw, sorry about trying to get our filthy hands onto greece, but hey: you won, after all! :wink:

It’s a lot more complicated :wink:

Two words…Great Britain

A country i love, but also a country that has done pretty much anything it can to alienate everyone. Which isn’t hard to do when empire is involved.

Cico read Catch22 you uneducated brat! Everyone should have read Catch22, it should be mandatory reading! :stuck_out_tongue: