Have you problems with installation of original cd?

Hi guys, I have some problems with the installation of original cd ever since I installed winxp… I bought Dragon’s Lair 3d and on winMe it worked perfectly, on winxp I must try the installation a lot of time and sometimes without result; after finishing the installation of the 2nd cd the system gave me the error: Wrong volume, please insert cd1", the same with Worms3d.

The error appears always in different point of the installation process, sometimes when it has almost finished and the game runs, other times the installation process rollback and everything finishes:( .

On my toshiba dvdrom this things always happens, in a Pioneer dvdrom the same, and in my Hitachi dvdrom sometimes.

Any idea?

I’m thinking to reinstall WinMe… I spent 70eu for two games and they make me crazy even for install:(

have you put on safedisc patch from microsoft? I have ran into that same error and put that on the machines I was having issue with and it fixed it …also when you did your upgrade to XP did you do clean install and then install XP ?

gio

Hi giovanni,

Thanks for your reply… yes I made a clean install of Xp; I have tried with the fix for Safedisc without success and moreover Worms 3d is Securom.

Greetings.

Originally posted by maximino72
[B]Hi giovanni,

Thanks for your reply… yes I made a clean install of Xp; I have tried with the fix for Safedisc without success and moreover Worms 3d is Securom.

Greetings. [/B]

what motherboard are you using? if its a nforce2 board with older drivers ive seen where that was a problem with newer safedisk titles…im using 2.45 from nvidia they work well. stay away from 3.13 drivers until someone can confirm that they work well ive had problems with them and my plextools and other games.

Asus p3v4… but the same thing happens(not always) also on my notebook (I don’t know its motherboard).

Originally posted by maximino72
Asus p3v4… but the same thing happens(not always) also on my notebook (I don’t know its motherboard).

i doubt thats it then…

Originally posted by Jamos
i doubt thats it then…

i have the same problem, but where i can download the safedisk patch from? give me a link, please. Thanks15 :bow:

We can’t install XIII let alone play it. And Call of Duty does not like my nForce system and 128MB 8x Ti4200

Originally posted by FutureProof
We can’t install XIII let alone play it.

So much for testing the new tages then, hehe. :wink: (Still, these things happen. I couldn’t get AFL Live 2004 to run on my system and that one’s totally unprotected and doesn’t have any substantial system requirements. :o)

Incidentally FP, do you know of a sd 3.15 game released here yet other than the new Prince of Persia? No point me getting that one since it won’t run on my gf2 card and isn’t the type of game that my kids would play anyway.

I think PoP is the only one in the List

Philamber,

i got POP and was shocked how good of game play it is. But i have all them from very first one . Another 3.15 game is lock on …it is flight simulator game.

Gio

Originally posted by giovanni42104
Another 3.15 game is lock on …it is flight simulator game.

Ta, but I don’t think that one’s been released yet downunder. (Releases are usually between 6 weeks and 3 months behind US, UK and Europe here.)