Have to convert 5 channels to 2,video files encoded with xvid,help

Hi
i have some avi files (encoded with xvid) and they are audio encoded in 5 channels

but i want to play on the dvd home player with on a tv

well i tried to play on a cheap dvd player , and it doesnt have sound
i tried to play on videolan and it works i mean i can hear sound

well to play such files on dvd player i have convert 5 channels to stereo, after they play good

what can i use for this purpose?
which software can let me change 5 channles to stereo fast?

thanks

Do you want to convert the AVIs to standard DVD format?..If so, use something like DVDflick, AVStoDVD or ConvertxtoDVD to easily convert them to DVD and set 5.1–>2-ch stereo output…

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2484454]Do you want to convert the AVIs to standard DVD format?..If so, use something like DVDflick, AVStoDVD or ConvertxtoDVD to easily convert them to DVD and set 5.1–>2-ch stereo output…[/QUOTE]
thanks
i want to keep in divx format
still codec with xvid , but change the 5 channles to stereo , because the dvd home player plays dvd/usb standard dvd and divx

You might try AVI DeMux. You can process the audio from 5.1 AC3 to 2 channel MP3 and adjust the levels and copy the video.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2484501]You might try AVI DeMux. You can process the audio from 5.1 AC3 to 2 channel MP3 and adjust the levels and copy the video.[/QUOTE]

thanks
is this the more fast solution ?
i mean fast (time) to edit my files?

thank you so much

As fast as it can encode to MP3 and store it. PS be sure to use a CBR profile for the MP3, it will avoid one of the major causes of out of synch audio.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2484511]As fast as it can encode to MP3 and store it. PS be sure to use a CBR profile for the MP3, it will avoid one of the major causes of out of synch audio.[/QUOTE]

thank you so much
i will use CBR , lame VBR is not available , and i don’t understand why avidemux doesn’t support vbr (i would like to use lame vbr in different jobs)

i thought about a tool that can edit and change 5 channel to 2 ,only editing some metadata like mp3(album filed and so on):doh::doh::doh:

now i have relealized that i have to recode

about avidemux mp3 quality is set to 2 , is high quality i guess, i mean 0 is the best

ps. i have tha last avidemux version but i haven’t the video encoder [B]h264[/B] , where can i get it for avidemux

Then those files are not yours?! Because they have 5.1 audio I fear they are © …