Have new registration key, still won't register for 5

I’ve had a version 4 for some time and just found out that 5.0.3 was available and I downloaded it with success. Sent for my new key and when I double click, it says that application not found. When I cut and paste formula, it takes it and says it was succesful and will restart. It does restart, however, but to the same trial version prompting me to enter a reg # if I have one. On a good point, I did burn Semi-pro this morning & flawless and both were perfect all of the way through. Alas, it says I know have 14 days left. I am new at this and will take full blame if I screwed up, but have no idea other than I did delete the old program (4) from my hardrive AFTER I installed the new 5. Did I screw up???

Thanks in advance…

[QUOTE=Scotchwater;2072257]I’ve had a version 4 for some time and just found out that 5.0.3 was available and I downloaded it with success. Sent for my new key and when I double click, it says that application not found. When I cut and paste formula, it takes it and says it was succesful and will restart. It does restart, however, but to the same trial version prompting me to enter a reg # if I have one. On a good point, I did burn Semi-pro this morning & flawless and both were perfect all of the way through. Alas, it says I know have 14 days left. I am new at this and will take full blame if I screwed up, but have no idea other than I did delete the old program (4) from my hardrive AFTER I installed the new 5. Did I screw up???

Thanks in advance…[/QUOTE]

If you was sent a new key and does not work try doing a clean uninstall using the guide below in my signature then download a new install package from this link http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm?vid=avangate&aid=689

StormJumper, thank you so much for taking the time to help solve my problem. I was just getting ready to follow your instructions when I checked my email and found a new key delivered by dvdidle! It worked in seconds! Either I was sent the wrong key the first time or it was operator error on my part, but I am up, running, and registered!

Again, a big thanks!

[QUOTE=Scotchwater;2072866]StormJumper, thank you so much for taking the time to help solve my problem. I was just getting ready to follow your instructions when I checked my email and found a new key delivered by dvdidle! It worked in seconds! Either I was sent the wrong key the first time or it was operator error on my part, but I am up, running, and registered!

Again, a big thanks![/QUOTE]

Glad everything is OK now, have a nice weekend :flower:

Back at ya!